“wonderful food in a private setting”

Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar
Ranked #11 of 191 Restaurants in Chaweng
Price range: US$ 27 - US$ 75
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This unique restaurant is the most romantic dining option within the island where guests can enjoy the most luxurious setting amongst the tree tops which is perfect for an occasion to demonstrate one's love for each other. Guests can enjoy a menu inspired by Executive Chef, Azizskandar Awang that encompasses carefully selected high quality fresh products brought together on your plate with all the years of his experience. The menu is complemented with our extensive wine list which will be carefully explained by our in house Wine Guru.
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I took my wife to Thailand for a babymoon/birthday/Valentine's trip, and this was the restaurant I chose for her birthday. The location is not on the beach, but it's hard to beat the ambience, in my opinion, but I'm biased toward treehouses. The food was wonderful. I'm afraid I don't remember the details, but I recommend the chicken dish. My wife had one of the lamb dishes and loved it.

james h, Manager at Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear trekker243,
We really appreciate you taking the time to post your review and pictures onto TA, so thank you from all of the team at Tree Tops. We do hope to see you again soon!
Kind regards
James

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Wonderful service with each table in their individual suspended sala. Each sala private but not cut off. When booking ask for sala table 5 6 Or 7 they are higher with best views.

Food was soooo tasty and knocks spots off Six Senses and better cost.. Try the seafood tortellini or the salmon as mains, truly delicious and a work of art without being style over taste. The Scallops starter was also a gem.

Like all wine in Samui it's expensive but the list had many reasonable bottles available

We have dined in 5 or 6 of the top trip advisor restaurants on Koh Samui- this was the best.

Pete

james h, Manager at Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Dear Pete K,
Thank you for your comments on TA, an encouraging heading from yourself and very pleased to hear we are stealing a march on our competitors!

Reviewed 17 March 2012

After read the reviews on trip advisor i have been on tree tops with my housband,the view is nice,professional service, they could be more faster,but i was not impressed about food,good presentation but small portion for high price.

1  Thank berte w

Dear berte w,
Thank you for your comments on the TA forum, we do try and deliver a great experience to each of our guests and we pride ourselves in being a premium restaurant on Samui who focus on only using premium products. We do not try and fill the plate but rather offer quality in reasonable portion sizes that hopefully match the wonderful setting and ambience that is created by the location of Tree Tops.
If you feel we have not delivered on this then I must apologise and we will certainly take your feedback on board.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Had a most wonderfull meal on a short notice booking but they found space for us before we went to the boxing. The pork chop was without question the best I have ever had and confirmed by my restrauntuer travel buddy Marcel. The food was presented in a unique way and the location is delightfull. You are in the trees conected by walkways so if you a frail probalby not for you. It is safe and secure but I would not my 95 year old friend, he might get up but after a bucket of wine the trip down may just be that ! Cutlery and crokery were quality and they had a good selection of wines. Definitely worthe a visit. Oh and everything in Thailand seems so affordable.

james h, Manager at Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

MartinNarelle,
Thank you for your kind comments on your experience with us at Tree Tops. Always good to get feedback from people in the business which is a real complement to the team in Tree Tops.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

we picked this restaurant as it was near to our hotel and was a treat for my birthday and was top on trip advisor.The good points were the surroundings and the service thats were it ends.We wanted to take a bottle of champagne we had brought with us but the restaurant wanted £20 to open it,the menu was expensive for what u got,(ive never had a cube of potato with a walnut on it)everything looked pretty but did not taste of much.
When the bill arrived we had been charged £5 for the still water we were asked if we wanted
Worst meal ever in Samui and i have been three times

james h, Manager at Tree Tops Sky Dining & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Dear Sotbow,
Thank you for the feedback on your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the service of our team and the stunning location. At the same time I would like to apologise that we weren’t able to make a great impression on you in all aspects of your dinner, but I would like to take the opportunity to provide you with an explanation that is hopefully acceptable for you. Tax on wine and Champagne in Thailand ranges between 300-450%. We sell Champagne in the restaurant with a low margin but with the high tax the purchase price is unfortunately more than in most other countries. We charged you a nominal fee to open your own bottle of champagne at a corkage fee which is lower than our entry level wine on our list. We are in the business of selling food and beverage after all and from what I am aware the common practice is to charge a fee that reflects the loss of sale to the business or a charge similar to the least expensive bottle on the list. There are hardly any restaurants that will allow you to bring food or beverage from outside into the restaurant to be consumed.
I am sorry that this has clouded your view of your Tree Tops experience but I do not feel that we have been unreasonable based on the situation in Thailand and the high tax on wines. Having said that perhaps the delivery of our messaging could be more professional and this I have discussed with the team to avoid creating an overall negative disposition for you.
Kind regards