We stayed in a Junior Suite, which is in the newer, third wing of the resort. I didn't expect anything AMAZING, as we only paid about $250 each, for 7 nights.. really good deal!
Overall, everything was fine. We were given 2 complimentary bottles of water each day as tap water in Thailand is no good. So that was very much appreciated! Our rooms were cleaned daily, meaning fresh towels, toilet paper top-up and beds re-made, etc. The bed was pretty spacious, but a little uncomfortable/solid and as someone mentioned below, there is only a thin sheet to cover yourself with. That wasn't really a concern as it was so insanely hot and humid, that's all one needs! But if you have the air con cranking, which you definitely need, it gets cold in the middle of the night.
Bathroom, not bad, other than the fact that there wasn't a hand-towel in sight. What are people expected to wipe their hands on after washing their hands..?
The bathroom door didn't shut properly.. it really needed to be SLAMMED to close.
There was an open window in the bathroom and I don't think it could be closed.. this was a little annoying, considering it meant mosquitos could get in and you could hear the goings-on outside.
The rain shower was pretty good, other than the fact it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while and was sort of spraying all over the place.
Noisy, party-going guests next door were making a racket, all hours of the morning. One day I woke up to them at 5am, which was pretty annoying! This really is a place for young people that want to party, in a central location, in the midst of all the shopping and restaurants. I did know this before booking, though.. but the price just couldn't be beaten!
Keep in mind, this end of the beach is quite "rocky" and doesn't look like a great place to swim. The bars and music were great, however.. awesome vibes and loud house music. Sweet! Prices were also very reasonable in the restaurant/bar, although we found the food more on the average side. Drinks were well made and just awesome!
We had a pretty good pool, just a stones-throw from our room. Really convenient.
I would recommend this place for young people who are on a budget and want to party 'til all hours of the morning and want to be in the main, tourist area of Koh Samui. You literally are surrounded by beach, restaurants, bars and market-style shops. You will love it. Especially if you're a Koh Samui first-timer. For me, next time it will have to be somewhere a little quiter!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "ESCAPE YOUR WORLD AND PLAY IN OURS" We invite you to ARKbar Beach Resort, in the heart of Chaweng, the ideal location to explore and enjoy this tropical paradise. Enjoy your days under the sun on our 100 metres of spectacular beachfront and 3 swimming pools, while listening to the latest tunes being played by our resident DJ's. You will meet people from all 4 corners of the world here to party or chill in our unique, relaxing, yet vibrant atmosphere. ARKbar Beach Resort is within walking distance to the new Central Plaza Shopping Complex, all the major entertainment venues and hundreds of boutique shops, cafes and restaurants. You can dine on the beach in our beachfront restaurant and relax at any of the 3 beach bars. From 2pm our main swimming features live music while the other 2 pools are more laid back. As the evening sun sets over this tropical paradise, you will witness the beach transform into a spectacular and unique venue offering a combination of dining, drinking and socialising with free musical entertainment, dancers and fire displays. It is here that you can be a part of the world famous ARKbar Wednesday and Funky Friday Beach Party's."Escape Your World and Play In Ours" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Ark Bar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ark Bar Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Ark Bar Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng