Organised for me and 5 mates a room each to stay in May so we can hit the full moon party and definitely was not happy with this place. After coming from an EXCELLENT hotel in Patong, this place was a nightmare. Firstly each of us had rooms ALL OVER the place so we were very far from each other despite the fact I booked all the rooms at the same time and asked for them to be close (They did not reply to my e-mail at all either). When we got there the guy who was supposed to show us where our rooms were took 2/5 of us to the wrong area. One of my mates had to walk up 3 levels of stairs carrying his heavy suitcase to find he had to go back down and enter the next block! One of my mates rooms was not cleaned for 2 days, even thought he put the sign outside for them to clean it. My room was clean and I was happy although in the 4 days they never changed the soap/shampoo's for me. The shower felt good but overflows very easily onto the bathroom. The aircon works very slowly but at least it works and ends up getting cold. There is no blankets provided, only a sheet to cover yourself. In the morning the next building was getting work done so there was PLENTY of noise to keep us awake from hammers and saw's, although this would not be Ark Bar's fault but gosh was it annoying when your trying to relax. They have 2 pool's which are awesome, one has a swim up bar which is awesome, and theres always a DJ playing good lounge house music. Good if your young and there to party, not if you want to relax it would probably annoy you. Restaurant had nice food, but there were problems. Eg. one of my friends ordered a meal and after the rest of us had already waited 25 mins and then eaten our food, they come and tell my friend he needs to pick another meal as they've sold out. This is 45 mins AFTER he ordered. Another friend ordered a desert a small sticky date pudding which took 40 mins to bring out. Breakfast was pretty good, if you pay for it with the room you get to select 5 things from the brekky menu. I left one of my towels in my friends room and told them this, however they still charged me 500BAHT saying I'd lost a towel! One of my friends room had a horrible stench and they had to change rooms after 1 day because the smell was unbearable. The Wi-Fi is doesnt work unless your on the ground floor closer to reception. We wanted a check out at 5pm so we paid for an extra night, and they tried to get us to put our stuff into 1 room at 10am that day, even though we paid for an extra night. Very sneaky and dodgy by the staff who agreed after I made them realise we were not stupid, that if we paid for an extra night, even though were not staying we're leaving at 5pm, not 10am! All in all the bar is nice, pool is nice.. But I wouldnt stay at this place again. The beach directly in front of the hotel is no good either, full of rocks. You have to take a 5 min walk down to the next beach to access a clean beach you can actually swim on, so even for the location it wasnt worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "ESCAPE YOUR WORLD AND PLAY IN OURS" We invite you to ARKbar Beach Resort, in the heart of Chaweng, the ideal location to explore and enjoy this tropical paradise. Enjoy your days under the sun on our 100 metres of spectacular beachfront and 3 swimming pools, while listening to the latest tunes being played by our resident DJ's. You will meet people from all 4 corners of the world here to party or chill in our unique, relaxing, yet vibrant atmosphere. ARKbar Beach Resort is within walking distance to the new Central Plaza Shopping Complex, all the major entertainment venues and hundreds of boutique shops, cafes and restaurants. You can dine on the beach in our beachfront restaurant and relax at any of the 3 beach bars. From 2pm our main swimming features live music while the other 2 pools are more laid back. As the evening sun sets over this tropical paradise, you will witness the beach transform into a spectacular and unique venue offering a combination of dining, drinking and socialising with free musical entertainment, dancers and fire displays. It is here that you can be a part of the world famous ARKbar Wednesday and Funky Friday Beach Party's."Escape Your World and Play In Ours" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ark Bar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ark Bar Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Ark Bar Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng