Our party of 17 booked 9no rooms in the Ark Bar 2 building of the resort. It’s fair to say that we were all please with our choice and left with smiles on our faces. We went for the middle range rooms, these were adequately sized with enough wardrobe space and a good sized W/C and Shower. The room also comes with a small balcony seating area. A/C worked well and there was a secure safe in each room.
Things which I would change about the hotel are, (1) They provide you with only 1 key and this is attached to a massive keyring which cannot be removed (I assume this is so that you do not lose the key, it is also possible to leave your key with reception) however it would be easier to have keycards like most modern hotels and it allows more freedom to leave the room without consulting your roommate. (2) There is a construction site about 2meteres opposite the window, this starts at 8am and is LOUD, and it will wake you up. I assume it will go on for at least another 3months minimum. So when booking ask to be away from this site. One of our parties complained about the noise and was moved to a room away from this. (3) The beach water is quite rocky so we decided to stick with the 3no pools available.
The food at the resort was top notch, the biggest menu I have seen in my life yet not a single person had any complaints about the food. Food is available in western and Thai cuisine.
The main bar and even the minibar in the rooms are adequately priced too. We enjoyed a couple evenings sipping beer in the bar and watching Premier League football.
The staffs are brilliant, very attentative, always smiley, happy and polite with the added cheeky Thai humour. They could not be any more helpful. When booking excursions they were flexible and were able to offer advice. They have their own 12 seater minibuses to transfer you to and from the airport and around the island.
The hotel location is very central, plentiful supply of shops, bars, clubs and restaurants on your doorstep
When reading previous reviews I was concerned about the noise from music, i can honestly say we did not hear any of this at all.
I would recommend this hotel to groups and people of all ages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "ESCAPE YOUR WORLD AND PLAY IN OURS" We invite you to ARKbar Beach Resort, in the heart of Chaweng, the ideal location to explore and enjoy this tropical paradise. Enjoy your days under the sun on our 100 metres of spectacular beachfront and 3 swimming pools, while listening to the latest tunes being played by our resident DJ's. You will meet people from all 4 corners of the world here to party or chill in our unique, relaxing, yet vibrant atmosphere. ARKbar Beach Resort is within walking distance to the new Central Plaza Shopping Complex, all the major entertainment venues and hundreds of boutique shops, cafes and restaurants. You can dine on the beach in our beachfront restaurant and relax at any of the 3 beach bars. From 2pm our main swimming features live music while the other 2 pools are more laid back. As the evening sun sets over this tropical paradise, you will witness the beach transform into a spectacular and unique venue offering a combination of dining, drinking and socialising with free musical entertainment, dancers and fire displays. It is here that you can be a part of the world famous ARKbar Wednesday and Funky Friday Beach Party's."Escape Your World and Play In Ours" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Ark Bar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ark Bar Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Ark Bar Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng