We stayed at the resort for 4 nights on the honeymoon package. This was aprox £140 a night but did include the grand deluxe suite, dinner twice, two massages each, breakfast and return transfers. So over all not a bad price.
So here's what we thought :
Room - very large, two bathrooms, massive balcony with a jacuzzi. The room was spacious and had an amazing view over the sea. The only bad point of the view was that on the right there is an old abandoned hotel that has been run down and looks terrible. But this is not the fault of kc resort. The main bathroom was nice with two sinks and a double rain shower.
The room was mostly cleaned well but could have been better. We didn't see any stains or things falling apart so overall was good.
The bad points - the shower had only boiling hot water which we could not shower in, which we asked to be fixed and was not. So we ended up having a bath in the jacuzzi instead every day!
The mini bar was very expensive but then that's what you get at a 5 star hotel.
The jacuzzi had an awful smell when you turned it on but this may have just been the water.
The pool - beautiful infinity pool with two smaller ones. Appeared clean and was lovely to swim in. We had lunch at the pool bar once which was tasty and we were served quickly.
The restaurant - well the restaurant itself is lovely, you can sit on a balcony with a sea views and relax. The food that we had for dinner and breakfast was well cooked and very delicious. Our only issue with the restaurant is the room service. We had issues with ordering food about three times where they either missed things out or bought the wrong thing at the wrong time. So I would recommend eating out of your room!
The staff and service - the staff were very helpfull and charming. They helped us out with calling people to book trips and arrange things. They also allowed us to use our return airport transfer to take us to another hotel instead for free which was nice of them as the journey was much longer! The only issue was some of theme didn't speak English very well and so most of the mistakes that were made we're due to a language barrier. (we would have preferred them to say they didn't understand than say yes then do the wrong thing!)
The location - the hotel is up on a hill so you either have a steep walk or the staff can take you up and down in their golf buggies. We never had an issue. Although if you are not very flexible or have a wheelchair it would be very hard for you.
Chaweng beach which seems to be the most touristy of them all is just across the road and the town in 5 mins away.
Also the airport takes 15 mins so not bad.
So over all a nice hotel with amazing views and close to Chaweng. If you want a nice romantic hotel, get the suite and go all out. Just don't order room service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ’KC Resort & Over Water Villas’ is located at the North of Chaweng Beach, on a hill top. This unique location allows you to be close to the center of Chaweng, where everything happens, but not be disturbed by any night time craziness. The view over the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Matlang and Chaweng Bay is spectacular and can be seen from anywhere in the resort. To fit all your need, KC Resort & Over Water Villas provides Spa-in and outdoor luxurious treatment rooms; A view Restaurant & Wine Lounge - featuring a terrace with a great view on the neighboring island and the ideal spot for dining or enjoying a drink and of course 95 exclusive rooms, suites and villas that will exceed your expectations, in a secluded estate enjoying stunning views over the cobalt blue sea and outlying islands of Koh Samui. Every room features complimentary WiFi, over size king bed with double seat Jacuzzi with light therapy system and rain shower column with acupressure jet, cordless telephone, safety box, mini bar and hair dryer with shaver socket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your KC Resort & Over Water Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kc Resort & Over Water Villas Hotel Chaweng
- Kc Resort And Over Water Villas
- KC Resort & Over Water Villas Ko Samui/Chaweng