Hotel Villa Giulia
Aromatario B&B(Ciampino)
Dream House B&B(Ciampino)
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroma terminiciampino airportclose to the airporttrain stationyogurtminute walkcentral romeeurotaxichannelsconnection
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Needed a place to stay the night I flew into Ciampino Airport on my way to Rome. It wasn't too difficult to find this place, though it was rather late and the streets were dark.

Honestly, I would suggest this hotel if you absolutely need to stay in Ciampino for the night, but it really is not anything to talk about. Rather cramped spaces. Helpful staff, though!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank fightingwithavim
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I deliberately chose this hotel because of its closeness to Ciampino airport - but at no time did I feel that it was too close. I had anticipated arriving in the early evening, but events overtook me and I didn't arrive until nearly one in the morning. I had telephoned ahead to say that I would be late but they simply said that there would be someone on duty throughout the night. I was given a room on the upper floor and all of the facilites that you would expect were available. Breakfast was available over a 3-hour period but the coffee was always freshly made. The bed was comfortable and there was a spare blanket available if needed. Perhaps The Hotel Inspector would not have approved of the en-suite - but there had clearly been an effort made and there were always fresh towels.
The staff on Reception were very helpful; he was happy to assist me opening a bottle of wine - even though this resulted in his opener breaking - and declined a glass for his trouble. They were happy to advise on somewhere to eat (and even phoned ahead ...).
There was no lift - this might present difficulties to some visitors. I felt perfectly happy staying here, and considered that the hotel fitted in well to this largely residential area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I would not recommend this hotel. The area felt unsafe as many houses near the hotel had guard dogs and bars on windows, that tells you something doesnt it? When we finally found this hotel, the receptionist was too busy playing on facebook and msn to help us. After a couple of awkward minutes, he gave us the room key and tv remote control...proving not very safe. The only positive thing was that the room's air conditioning was working.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more, dont go for the cheapest hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RedWineee
Reviewed 2 July 2011

This place is 1-2 miles from the airport. We paid around 15 euro for the taxi for here from the airport. The front desk guy was very helpful and spoke good English.
the a/c was weak and the room was small. Also we booked for a single room for 2 adults what we got was a very small room with two single camp beds.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2011

The only reason we stayed here is because we had incredibly early and late flights in/out of Ciampino on Ryan Air. We wanted an adequate place to stay (clean, well located to the airport) for the cheapest rate possible. We stayed in their mansarda room (on the upper story with sloped ceilings) which is an extra Euro 10 off the regular price. The room was extremely tiny with twin beds and one bedside table in between. The bathroom (also with sloped ceiling) still was large enough to include a bidet and the shower was very adequate. It met our purposes more than well enough. Unfortunately, our flight was even earlier than their breakfast hour began, and was too early to walk to the train station to catch the shuttle bus to the airport. But they called a taxi for us which arrived on time (which was a huge black Mercedes limo) and he only charged us Euro 20 to get to the airport--that seems to be the going legitimate rate. We will stay here again if the rate remains low and we need early or late connections at Ciampino airport. I would not stay here for a general trip to Rome--for that I would definitely stay in the city center.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple