“An excellent HOTEL to stay at Ciampino,Italy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Villa Giulia

Hotel Villa Giulia
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ciampino
Oslo, Norway
“An excellent HOTEL to stay at Ciampino,Italy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I am delighted to tell my experience of staying in this Hotel is memorable. By taxi from Airport only 15min only at 30E. Staff support is excellent,fluent in English and traditionally friendly as Italians. Rooms are spotlessly clean ,cozy and comfortable and free from noise pollution.I stayed for four days with family but not experienced anything awkward.Timely breakfast with good Italian dishes was another attraction,but less non-veg dishes.When we left Hotel at late night ,the Hotel staff (Mercello) called the Taxi for dropping us to Airport costs only 20E. I strongly recommend the Hotel to my friends and I will stay if I visit ROME again
suddhasattwa mookherji Kolkata,India.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank suddhasattwa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Polish first
East Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Needed a place to stay the night I flew into Ciampino Airport on my way to Rome. It wasn't too difficult to find this place, though it was rather late and the streets were dark.

Honestly, I would suggest this hotel if you absolutely need to stay in Ciampino for the night, but it really is not anything to talk about. Rather cramped spaces. Helpful staff, though!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank fightingwithavim
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2011

I deliberately chose this hotel because of its closeness to Ciampino airport - but at no time did I feel that it was too close. I had anticipated arriving in the early evening, but events overtook me and I didn't arrive until nearly one in the morning. I had telephoned ahead to say that I would be late but they simply said that there would be someone on duty throughout the night. I was given a room on the upper floor and all of the facilites that you would expect were available. Breakfast was available over a 3-hour period but the coffee was always freshly made. The bed was comfortable and there was a spare blanket available if needed. Perhaps The Hotel Inspector would not have approved of the en-suite - but there had clearly been an effort made and there were always fresh towels.
The staff on Reception were very helpful; he was happy to assist me opening a bottle of wine - even though this resulted in his opener breaking - and declined a glass for his trouble. They were happy to advise on somewhere to eat (and even phoned ahead ...).
There was no lift - this might present difficulties to some visitors. I felt perfectly happy staying here, and considered that the hotel fitted in well to this largely residential area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Morecambe
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

I would not recommend this hotel. The area felt unsafe as many houses near the hotel had guard dogs and bars on windows, that tells you something doesnt it? When we finally found this hotel, the receptionist was too busy playing on facebook and msn to help us. After a couple of awkward minutes, he gave us the room key and tv remote control...proving not very safe. The only positive thing was that the room's air conditioning was working.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more, dont go for the cheapest hotel.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Ciampino hotels

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

This place is 1-2 miles from the airport. We paid around 15 euro for the taxi for here from the airport. The front desk guy was very helpful and spoke good English.
the a/c was weak and the room was small. Also we booked for a single room for 2 adults what we got was a very small room with two single camp beds.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ciampino
1.3 km away
0.3 km away
Hotel Louis I
Hotel Louis I
#5 of 6 in Ciampino

Been to Hotel Villa Giulia? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK