All reviews market style location mountains restaurant
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here two nights. Americans visiting grandparents home villages. Hotel very traditional. Excellent food. Communicated well enough. Nice staff. Convenient to major route nearby. Felt homey. Would recommend to travelers.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Great food was testy and the service 0was excellent great place good view we are always in restaurants keep the best in nowy targ thank you for great food and service also thxx for all staff just best suop and desert

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MostafaABDUOabuzied
Reviewed 10 January 2016

This is nice hotel close to Saturday´s market in Nowy Targ. The High Tatras view from hotel. We had a big room (Nr.10), tasty breakfast. Restaurant in the same building with good choice of meals for reasonable price. Small kids corner there but baby cot not available in the room.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank oravsky
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Convenient location, with beautiful views of the countryside. Located near the river Dunajec, but close to the city center. From here you can go for a jog or cycling route.
Near the famous local market, which is held on Thursdays and Saturdays.

Breakfast is delicious and varied.
Rooms cleaned daily with fresh towels.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ania2011
Reviewed 4 September 2012

I have stayed in Oberza Pod Roza (At the Rose Tavern) only one night in August. This family-run guest house (and restaurant) is located not far away from the centre of Nowy Targ, on the banks of Dunajec River. 15 min walking distance from NT's main square. Bear in mind, that in some days all area is covered by huuuuuuge market with everything (NT is famous of these markets). Despite that hotel is easily accessible and there is private parking attached.

I have arrived there in the early afternoon and was able to check-in (collect my keys) straight away. Owner was very nice and helpful. I was able to pay in advance (cash and credit cards accepted).

Because I was attending wedding somewhere else I was able to leave my car at hotel's parking and come back later that night. There is private entrance, so you don't have to bother anybody when you come back late.

Room was spacious, fresh and clean. Pleasant colours, but I didn't like decor (personal taste = no issues). Room was equipped with one comfortable double bed, small working desk with chair, flat-screen TV and en-suite bathroom with shower and WC. Towels and basic (good quality) toiletries provided. Two bottles of complimentary mineral water saved me in the morning. Thank you!
Only issues I had noticed happened in the morning. There are no curtains, so I was woken up by the sun and heat early in the morning (usually I don't mind, but not when I finish my night at 4 am, lol). There is no air-condition, so it could be very warm in a sunny day (which is good in winter there). I mentioned that room was clean - yes - except main lamp's energy-saving light bulbs (just above your bed) - covered in dust.

In the morning I had breakfast downstairs. Good selection of different products, cereals, breads, fresh fruit, yoghurt. Eggs and sausages made in order. Coffee, tea, water, juices and soft drinks available. It was worth extra money spent.

Overall experience was very positive. It's just style of this place I don't really get. It is comfortable, but not my style. Still I think it is good value for one night stay if you need to be in Nowy Targ. I would consider staying there again if needed. I've heard (didn't have chance to try) that their restaurant is very good - I could see that following day - it was full of local guests.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo