All reviews tipsy seagull full kitchen fish taxi driver great vacation dive shop rental car avis marina beach boat abaco treasure stephen condo coco junkanoo
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2019

Let me start by saying the people and Treasure Cay beach was awesome, the facility not so much.

Basically, the resort is tired, it needs a serious upgrade. The rooms are old and dated, and the cable and internet are very poor. Also, the grounds are overgrown and could use some serious trimming.

Now let's get to the food, way, way, way overpriced, and pretty poor quality. $30 for a pizza?!? $20 dollars for wings? oh and don't forget the tax and mandatory 18% tip you have to pay on top of it, to walk up to a counter and get your own food and clean up after yourself. And don't even ask about all the flies

So let's get back to some positive information. As I said, the beach is awesome, as soon as you get in the water, fish come right up to you. The on-site boat rental is great, get a guide, it's totally worth the money. David in the dive shop is a great resource and offers fantastic excursions. Treasure Sand Beach Club, go for dinner, the best meal we had all week. Green Turtle Club and Turtle Cay, take the ferry, great afternoon trip. Oh and lunch at the club is half of the resort, how can that be?

Depending on your length of stay, a rental car might be worth it, we stayed for 5 days, the car was just a bit more than the roundtrip taxi and gave us the freedom to explore.

So in closing, would I go back to Treasure Cay, yes, but I would rent a condo, which are plentiful, and just cook at home, or eat at the Sands club every meal.

Room tip: Get a condo, not a hotel room.
Date of stay: August 2019
1  Thank hwhit44886
Reviewed 19 July 2019 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here and do recommend it but Treasure Cay it’s time for some room upgrades. Unfortunately my refrigerator was rusty on the outside, the room had minor dry wall issues, some small ants in the bathroom, and during a bad thunderstorm some water entered through the back slider.

Do not get me wrong this is a great option in this area, the beach is amazing close by and the shops on the property have everything you need. The rooms just need refreshing that’s all.

1  Thank Bullitt78
Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

Another great trip to Treasure. We’ve been all over the world, and Treasure is one of our favorite places on Earth, it never disappoints! Incredible place, great facilities and amenities, along with an incredible staff makes for an all around great vacation.
This time we had an issue with our credit card getting lost, the staff went above and beyond to assist us in taking care of the issue. They did everything to make this headache as smooth as possible. They did everything to make sure this headache would not ruin our vacation, and even arranged for us to get to Marsh Harbour to get our new card.
Stephen and Avis are great, can’t wait to get back down very soon!

Thanks again!

Jake & Stacy Allen

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

We’re those travelers that put “Do Not Disturb”/ swap towels during our stay, which worked here. Stayed in 2 story condo on the marina during July 4th week, even saw fireworks on the beach and a Junkanoo parade through Tipsy Seagull. Tipsy’s was attentive with nice bartenders, tasty drinks. Nice room with two bathrooms, full kitchen, balcony. The people seemed friendly, but the service in Junkanoo Java’s is certainly lacking. Orders took over 20min, even with few customers, and I was sent away when I ordered a frozen coffee drink right from the menu. Great breakfast in Coco’s. I think the resort restaurants could use more training on how to care for customers.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2019 via mobile

The “resort” is rather dated to say the least. Besides being dated it’s also dirty. All the furniture is nasty dirty and the bedding has to have been purchased in 80’s and only washed for VIP’s. Upon arrival you can expect reception to explain where you can get fresh beach towels and point to your resort room. Nobody shows you to your room or helps with baggage. Our locks were sketchy and that’s all I’ll say about that...towels would also fall into this department. But with all this,the highlight was the people of the resort and surrounding businesses lack of friendliness. Besides a waitress with a beautiful singing voice at Spinnakers and the taxi driver that took us to the airport everyone seemed sour or fake. Someone from management explained to us they didn’t want disgruntled guests because the people of Abaco depend on tourism for a living. With that said, I would recommend going to Abaco because the beach is the best we have ever seen. The food at Spinnakers is excellent. Until this place is updated I would stay someplace besides Treasure Cay “Resort”

Trip type: Travelled as a couple