All reviews residential neighborhood personal service can't wait to go back dominican republic gracias por bed and breakfast personal experience beautiful landscape an adventure made us feel at home aroma restaurant pool area ceiling fan clean rooms surrounded by nature get away vanessa
Reviewed 1 March 2018

Vanessa and David are the most amazing hosts. They made us feel at home in every way, and went above and beyond accommodating anything we wanted to do! It was truly magical- from the home cooked meals to the incredible amount of resources they provided us! We can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Good and quiet home converted to bed and breakfast with good options and service. Clean rooms, clean bathrooms and shard spaces. Good for visits to the area as is very centric inside a closed neighborhood. Gluten free breakfast options available if informed with time.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We are a couple and it was the first time visiting this beautiful place Jarabacoa. We stayed at Vanessa and David's villa, such a nice and quiet place. Our favorite part was the TV room, a gorgeous chalet perfect to spend the evening after an excursion day. They have this amazing guy Hector that is in charged of the Villa at night!!! Gracias por tu hospitalidad !!!
Thank you Vanessa and David for our little surprise for my anniversary!!!

Room tip: Rooms so clean and smelling so good!!!!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Villa Celeste was a beautiful, peaceful and delightful place to stay. We chose to spend our visit inland in the mountains which make the DR special and not to opt for an all-inclusive beach resort where one could be anywhere. Driving in the DR is an adventure and we unfortunately do not speak Spanish, but I was never sorry about that choice. Villa Celeste is in a gated, guarded residential community -- so very safe. With lush tropical plants and flowers, a lovely pool and a number of comfortable terraces, it was a wonderful place to relax. The owners Vanessa and David were friendly and helpful both before and during our stay, helping me understand the transportation options and possible pitfalls, providing comprehensive written directions both to the Villa as well as to activities and restaurants (important in a country with little signage!), and giving good ideas for things to do. Hanging out and talking with them was part of the fun! The place is small and personal with only 2 staff people in addition to the owners, both of whom were nice and attentive, and one of whom spoke good English. The included breakfast is a tropical version of a continental, which is to say cold one, with delicious tropical fruits, fresh tropical fruit juice, a baked good which varied from morning to morning, and very tasty Dominican coffee. We had thought we would pay extra for a warm breakfast at some point but ended up feeling happy with the included one. What we did spring for was the 4-course dinner that is optional if you speak for it in advance. This was very special and as good as you could find in the nicest of restaurants. Other days we tried recommended local restaurants for one of the meals (with good experiences) and for the other days snacked or brought in something small. The live-in staff person Nido made us a small fast food-type meal on arrival because we got there late and didn't want to explore the area after dark. Our room had both A/C and a ceiling fan as well as screened windows, but with the slightly cooler mountain air, the fan was enough. Maybe because of being high up, the bugs were not bad and with the help of a little bug spray, it was easy to sit out on the balconies or by the pool. Good Wifi which we used a lot; nice-looking TV in the bar, which we did not. Small downsides: It is a residential neighborhood, so there was some radio accompaniment from the neighbors some of the time. The plumbing in the country is a little wonky and needed multiple flushes with as little paper as possible, but this seems to be a phenomenon in many places in the country. The bottom line is that is a small and personal experience and I felt like we could ask for and have remedied whatever we needed. Highly recommended!

Room tip: We enjoyed the balcony room, but other rooms with view would be nice too because there is a nice balcony and sitting room nearby.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
vanekari, Owner at Villa Celeste Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Heidi,

What I love most about hosting at the Villa is speaking with our guests about world topics. The more I meet amazing guests the more I see how we are all the same. It was a pleasure hosting you.

Thank you for such an extensive and thoughtful review. I know they take time and David and I feel so grateful when our guests express an authentic experience of their stay.

We will continue to strive to better any concerns and will keep working on how we can always improve.

It was a true pleasure and I hope your step-daughter visits soon--again. She said she would return!

Warm hug,

Vanessa and David

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I love this place!!! Don't hesitate and just book it. It is so relax here that I felt I was in heaven. You don't hear any noise and no one bother you. It is a place to go if you need to get away from everyone and everything. I was in The Dominican Republic for a week and I need a place to escape and to be away from noise and loud music. I found this paradise in booking.com. The only thing I regret was that I booked for only two days. My room was very cozy and I felt like I was home. I spent a lot of time at the pool which is a beautiful and serene place surrounded by nature. I was able to relax my mind. Vanessa was a great host she was very attentive, She gave me her number and took good care of me. She really tried her best since I'm high maintenance . But I was so relax there that I felt better than to be at a luxuries hotel with more services. Muchas gracias Vanessa. I can't wait to go back!!! Ask Vanessa for her ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. It is so yummy.
There is a great restaurant just 5 minutes away called Alpes . I highly recommended it. I ended having all my meals there basically since I didn't want to leave the premises.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Liliana,

You owe us a visit soon! Thank you for taken the time since I know you work so hard and have so much going and on, and this is just a compliment to us! We know we will see you again, and will have our Villa Celeste Estate version of Ham and Cheese redefined. Thank you!

Hugs,