“A peasant surprise”

Ranked #12 of 28 Restaurants in Minden
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 15
Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Dominion Hotel has been the "Hot Spot" in downtown Minden since it first started providing food, drink and accommodation in 1865. Newly renovated, this establishment is the oldest operating business in Minden and the oldest standing commercial building. Whether you're looking for a healthy pub lunch, a cold drink on the Tiki Bar patio, or a quiet dinner in the dining room, the Dominion Hotel is known for fresh, healthy, homestyle cooking. The Dominion Hotel is the home of the best handmade burgers in the county. The fresh cut fries are extremely popular and the liver and onions are famous. Accommodations at the Dominion Hotel are luxurious and quiet. Each suite has flat screen TVs with DVD players, wireless internet and the most comfortable beds in the business. Organic cotton towels, Egyptian cotton sheets and non allergic pillows and duvets will help ensure a relaxing stay. Family Friendly, great food, fun times - that's the Dominion Hotel in a nutshell. Off street parking available. Drop in and check your email. We're an internet hotspot.
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Had lunch on a beautiful sunny Friday on the patio. Shared salad and wings. Side of muskoka breweries Pilsner

All excellent.

Service could have been better. Servers appeared to randomly be assigned to tables rather than have areas.

Would certainly go back.

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We visited the Dominion Hotel for lunch our first day in our new home town. Since then we have visited it often, and are always happy with our meals. Friday fish and chips are the best! Would recommend stopping in for a meal, or a snack. Very friendly service.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

My wife & I have been to the Dominion several times! Great owners & friendly staff! Best Burgers in the area! They also have have great live entertainment there as well.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

My husband and I went to the Dominion for dinner last week. To be honest, as I've been there before, I was just expecting standard pub fare and uncomfortable seating. What a pleasant surprise that I was wrong on both counts. The chairs have been replace with cushioned seating, and there is a wide variety of entrees available. I had the Guiness Steak pie and it was the best I've ever tasted. The pastry was light, the beef was tender, and the side salad (you could choose which side to go with the pie) was not your standard boring salad. Lots of different greens with many different veggies added. I highly recommend this meal! The Dominion will now be our go-to place when we're looking for reasonably priced, delicious food that is conveniently located.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This was our favourite spot when we lived in Minden. Shawn, Effie and Clarke always made us feel welcome- The Dominion is a hub for live entertainment in the area- we join old and new friends here. The Tiki bar was added a few years ago and offers an oasis to sip and chat