“Surprised at the poor ratings.”
Review of Yaya

Yaya
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 19 September 2016

We came in here after hiking (without water) up the Barranco de Arure to look at the waterfalls. I definitely had a three Dorada thirst. After a well earned drink, we ordered a half portion of Pulpo a la Gallega, and some local camarones (shrimps). Everything was absolutely delicious. They chucked in some papas arrugadas and mojo without charge, and the waiters were charming. Nice views too.

Reviewed 6 July 2016

I came for lunch and had some work to do... I ordered a lemonade while I waited for my friends (who I'd made lunch plans with) but after twenty minutes, the waiter unplugged my laptop from the wall, and told me I couldn't use the electricity any longer... which is unfortunate, because I would need my laptop for our lunch meeting! Thankfully I hadn't ordered any food yet (battery power isn't very good on this old thing). So I went to have lunch next door, and fortunately they had internet so I could tell my friends where to find me. To sum: the lemonade was okay. I have no idea about the food. The service was really bad, however, and that kinda is a deal-breaker for me.

Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

The location is excellent.
The service is good and the prices are ok.
Pizzas however are really below average, they don't have spicy oil (they served me something based on vinegar when I asked?!?! Then they gave me Tabasco sauce..) and the pizza dough is undercooked.
The worst was the smell from the sewers on the terrace.. Don't like to be harsh but not really a tasteful experience :(

Reviewed 16 July 2015

Ate at this restaurant with my husband and daughter, his fish soup lovely and her octopus salad the same but my garlic chicken was inedible the oil it was cooked in smelt sour and the chicken was really stringy it looked like it had been reheated a few times as bone dry on top I had two mouthfuls and that was enough. Didn't want to complain as Spanish not so good but virtually the whole dish went back to the kitchen and waiter made no comment.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

At the promenade, overviewing the beach of Valle Gran Rey. Nice, relaxing location. Reasonable prices. Kitchen's reasonable as well. Nothing spectacular. Friendly/funny waiter.