All reviews beach resort selling their wares personal beach southern expressway galle road beautiful sandy beach enjoyed our stay tour group front office small village sea view nice pool stayed for nights relaxing stay air conditioning comfortable rooms beach front
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Loved our stay over a weekend!
Insight had Good service and Friendly staff! Rooms were Clean & Comfortable. It has a Stunning Private beach. Clean beach. Great spot in Ahangama, Sri Lanka. Would definitely come here again.. Food is quite good specially the Sri Lankan cuisine is excellent.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mayanthi G
Ahangama, Manager at Insight Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2016

Thank you very much Sir/Madam for your wonderful comments. We are indeed pleased with all the comments and accolades that we keep receiving on Trip Advisor, as a result of it, we are now planning to manage the high demand anticipated in the winter season.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

Insight is a beautiful mid size beach resort in the south coast of Sri Lanka. The hotel is very clean, the staff are very friendly and the rooms are nice and comfy. Highly recommend a visit as its a real value for money destination. To simply put it almost 4 star facilities at 3 star prices. Well done team insight! We really enjoyed our stay. Thank you and will be back soon.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Man1980

Your comments about the Insight Resort are spot on – thank you very much Sir.

Our sales & marketing objectives are definitely in line with the way you have commented as our effort is to offer a 4* product at a 3* price.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Upon our arrival, the receptionist who is full of attitude and annoying asked us to pay. When our card was rejected, she pushed the machine with such a hatred as if she owned us and we were losers. In the end we paid for our stay which was 3 days. If I had stayed in that hotel a bit more than that , I would have a nervous breakdown.

Once we got to our room whose windows were very filthy, we could not lower the AC as they put something white to keep the same temperature. ( so I do not know the usage of the AC if you can not lower the temperature manually. )

Right after that we went to downstairs to have some sorts of food. The prices and the value of the food were completely opposite of each other. I ordered a chicken sandwich which was 700rp and what I got was a complete disaster. The waiters were so slow, it took them an hour to bring us the chicken sandwich ( without chicken ).

Their wine prices were delusional like 4000-7000rp and not worthy.

On the second day of our arrival, I ordered pasta and they gave us two same menus with different prices. The pasta I ordered was 650 however on the other menu the pasta was 850rp which they tried to charge us 850rp and did not work as it was their fault to give us two different prices with the same menu.

The pool was so small and was not like how it used to be in the pictures.

The waiters were so slow and most of them were not nice with a low understanding of English unfortunately.

This hotel can not be a resort, if it is, I do not know what 'resort' means as it was nowhere near resort.

They never renewed the buffet , at some point there was no food at 8:30 am ( it was supposed to end at 10am). Basically first come first serve in a RESORT HOTEL!!!!

There were so many negative things hence why I would NEVER recommend or suggest you to even pass by that so called resort hotel.

Lastly, upon our check out, they tried to charge us for food which we did not order. There were 3 bills with different signatures. It showed that they were so unorganised and deceiving.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Ahangama, Manager at Insight Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Although there are two long detailed comments, as per the findings based from our Front Office, Sinan D and antonrg have shared one room.
Therefore I wish to respond to both complaints on a single response.
It is the hotel policy to collect all payments at the time of check in. Sorry when your card did not work if our receptionist had not handled the situation well, my apologies for it. I inquired from my FOM and this particular receptionist had been reprimanded for her bad handling.
About the windows being misty when you arrived in the evening, this happens due to the sea breeze as in the off season, the windows may not have been washed again in the evening as it is done once a day. But I am very sure the windows would have been washed the very next day in the morning. I agree there is a slight misty effect by evening but does not disturb the visibility so much.
It is indeed so unfortunate that on this particular day there had been a breakdown in the wi fi service for about 6 hours. We agree with you, but then this does not happen always. Hope you would understand that technology could bring on such situations at times. The breakdown in the Wi Fi is totally beyond our control and we were pushing the service providers to attend to it fast.
Regret that your comments are not too good about the dinner. I am so surprised as all our past comments talk very highly of the quality of food in our hotel.
I am sorry but I have to disagree about not being able to regularize the air conditioners because during the refurbishment we have introduced a lot of new air conditioner equipment. When you put the remote controller to the auto mode you can’t regulate the speed of the fan or temperature as it works on auto. This may have happened.
It is sad that as guests, by your comments you are passing judgement on everything as being negative. For one thing the refrigerator is kept inside a cupboard for it to look nice in the room. Certainly from behind all required ventilation is provided to the refrigerator. I am beginning to wonder why such unaccepted complaints are made.
Architecturally, sorry, you may dislike the layout plan but most of our clients love it because from every table in the restaurant there is a panoramic view of the Indian Ocean.
One of you say that we offer wines beginning from Rs 4000/- - now this is a deliberate lie as our wine prices start from Rs 2,250/-.
Lastly I wish to state that your statement about the hotel trying to charge for food that was not ordered is again an untruthful comment as per our front office staff.
I am truly sad and in question if a competitor has tried to disrepute the hotel which has been inundated with super comments for the last 9-10 months due to the mass improvements done.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a night in July and throughly enjoyed our stay. The location is perfect, overlooking the beautiful coast and the hotel has its own pool just a stones throw from the beach. The tide was quite strong but we did manage to have fun splashing around in the waves. The rooms were lovely, clean and fresh. Our room overlooked the sea and had a nice balcony. The food was good and the staff were very welcoming. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank LLLSuffolk
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Superb place for vacation with good room conditions,friendly staff and nice atmosphere.
Not ideal for people who expect variety of food other than everything.
Not too far away from busy roads but not disturbing at all
It's worth for money as long as who is not a heavy food lover.
Food is tasty but lack of variety.
In my case it is very negligible compared with clean spacious rooms with comfortable bed.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank chanaka k
Ahangama, Manager at Insight Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Thank you Sir for your valuable comments. Our resort is a high end 3* property offering 3* rates and 4* quality and service, and the variety of food we offer is also compatible to 3*. Perhaps you may have been comparing the variety of food with a 4* property enjoying such ambiance.
We definitely value your comments, especially the way you have portrayed the Insight Resort, as you have described it exactly the way it is.