All reviews old world charm four poster bed traditional hotel cocktail bar residents lounge family room no lift roaring fire breakfast room friendly hotel evening meal loch etive fish and chips cooked breakfast lovely location single room main course
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Despite the entrance hall and reception looking like it’s still firmly embedded in the late 1800s, this charming hotel turned out to be a lot nicer than we first thought. Our bedroom was spotless and comfortable and the views were beautiful. The staff is friendly and helpful and dinner in the bistro offered more than the hotel’s website would suggest; it was also really well cooked and very enjoyable as well as being very reasonably priced. We were delighted we had stopped there and would do so again if travelling in this part of Scotland.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We called in for lunch and found a warm welcome and a most unusual fireplace in the center of the room,which gave a cosy feel .
Its like entering a time machine.
The decor is very dated but clean and perfectly charming
We had fish and chips in the resaurant which was much better than average and very reasonably priced for the good portion size.
I would recommend the resaurant

Room tip: I did not stay we only eat at the resaurant
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2018

I’ve stayed at the Falls of Lora many times in the past 35 years and although it has changed hands the hospitality remains as good on my most recent visit as it did on my first. It is a good location with acceptable budget quality rooms although the sound proofing could be better because I could hear my neighbour snoring! Other than that all was good.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2018

My wife and I stayed for two nights at the Falls of Lora at the end of October. We had not booked, but came across it by chance and asked if the hotel had a vacant room. It had and we enjoyed our first night so much we asked if we could stay for a second night and were delighted when we were told that we could.

We have stayed in other hotels that we consider worthy of being awarded five stars. This is far and away the best.

Firstly, all the staff we met were courteous, friendly, and helpful.

Secondly, the dinner in the bar (open to non-residents) was delicious and good value.

Thirdly, the breakfast menu was extensive. The food, like the dinners, was delicious. The waiting staff were attentive, but not intrusive. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

Fourthly, the breakfast, like our bedroom, overlooked a stunning loch and gave a view of the Connell Bridge.

Fifthly, guests are free to enjoy the wonderful garden that extends down to the loch.

Sixthly, next to the bar is a large and comfortable lounge in which guests can relax. When we stayed there was a welcoming fire burning in the grate.

Seventhly, our room was comfortable and well-appointed. There was an abundance of towels, toiletries and refreshments.

I'll stop at seven, an appropriate number because staying at the Falls of Lora puts you in Seventh Heaven.

Room tip: Front rooms overlook the loch. To be sure of a room, booking ahead is worthwhile.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is an older well maintained property no elevator to higher floors.Beautiful property located just outside Oban nice bar lounge prices of alcohol a little high rooms are good size.Breakfast cold items buffet style with hot items served by friendly staff.Would definitely stay here again

Date of stay: October 2018