Well what can I say but yet another fabulous stay in immaculately kept accommodation. The area is beautiful with much to see. The locals are friendly and polite. Rothbury offers shops, tearooms, scenery, walks and so much more. Andrew could not have been more helpful. We came home refreshed and chilled.
Everything about Coquet View is perfect, from the comprehensive information pack and directions, to the seamless booking process. Best of all of course are the fantastic views and the gorgeous apartment. The photographs on the owner's site are very accurate but even then they cannot capture that feeling of space, because this is a very generously proportioned apartment, with the bedrooms and bathrooms feeling particularly spacious. The light, tasteful colour scheme is restful and makes the most of the natural light which pours in. It's very well equipped as you would expect and the little touches are so appreciated - a lovely welcome pack with everything required for a cup of tea and a slice of cake to recover from the journey, the fire made up ready to light, etc.
There is plenty to do in the area, depending on your interests. Cragside is only five minutes away by car, and that's worth a full day visit by itself. Rothbury is lovely and there are plenty of little villages in the surrounding area as well as other historic sites and stately homes. There are plenty of walks too, of course. I'd recommend a visit to Wooler, especially if you have an interest in antiques, as there are lots of antique shops and centres to browse around - it's about 20 miles. Also highly recommended is the Ford and Etal estate, about an hour from Rothbury, where there is lots to see and do for all the family.
The owners are very friendly and helpful, and really do go that extra mile. I can't wait to go back.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||Older travelers|
|Families with young children||People with pets|
- good communication from owner via email prior to booking and arrival
- warm welcome from Darren who gave us local tips
- beautiful, spacious, luxurious, well equipped and well appointed with French doors that looked out onto stunning views of Northumbrian countryside.
- really appreciated the free wi fi as you cannot get phone signal.
- absolutely fantastic, just outside of village, peaceful and ideal for a stay in the country.
- excellent spot for days out to attractions such as Alnwick or Bamburgh castle or Cragside House or Hoy island.
- nice village with local shops.