“Worth the wait”
Review of La Canita

La Canita
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch today. Very friendly staff, ordered a tuna sandwich and a fresh orange juice. Juice arrived after about 10 minutes and was delicious. Sandwich arrived about another 15 minutes later, juice was gone. I have to say the sandwich was gorgeous, lovely bread, lots of fillings and served with wedges and a side salad, a real meal. Once you’re not in a hurry I would definitely recommend

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Tried here for dinner tonight... it didn't 'look' the most atmospheric restaurant in the strip, but was quite busy.. so thought we'd give it a go... not disappointed at all. Great choice, really tasty food, and the service was great...even though it was heaving.. bocarones, patatas alioli, gambas pil pil, pulpo frito, calamari...

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

We have eaten there last night during celebration of the Patron Saint. It was our first time there. The place was packed, there was a mix up with our table, but we had good seats with view of the procession. Service left to be desired because the waiters were running around like mad and it was difficult to get a food order in. However the food we did get was very very tasty.
All in all a pleasant evening and worth going back when not so busy.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

As above, lovely restaurant with very pleasant and honest staff. Their menu delivers. Enjoyed everything apart from the battered prawns, not a good idea - the batter is far too thick. But everything else lovely.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

I am originally from this town (Rincon de la Victoria). I have eaten already several times in this place and I can say that it is one of the best places in the town to taste our local cuisine. They cook very good quality food and they sell it for a very reasonable price.

If you come to this restaurant I would definitely recommend to try several dishes of fried fish. You can either order half or a full portion of dish. In summer I would also recommend to order several dishes of "Espetos", which is the most typical meal of the region during summer. These are sardines cooked in the fire in a way that is only typical from Malaga.

The service of the restaurant is very kind and they work very quickly. During weekends (and sometimes during the week too) I would recommend to go either early (13:00) or late (15:30) to avoid the rush hours because the restaurant normally gets quite crowded.

Regarding the quality/price ratio, I think this restaurant offers quite cheap price considering the very good food that they cook. Therefore, I would definitely recommend it for eating/having dinner during your visit to Rincon de la Victoria.