All reviewssea club restaurantold fortressday bedla fortalezasun hatsunique hotelprivate beachupper terracebreakfast is servedminutes from palma airportgolf buggiesnight managerhotel experienceour honeymoonturn down serviceoverlooking the seamain restaurant
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful hotel. All the staff were incredible and made our honeymoon stay absolutely magical. After a busy first week of exploring Spain, our second week at Cap Rocat was relaxing and romantic. The sentinel suite is truly marvelous. Thank you for everything! All of your staff do a wonderful job. We will never forget our stay!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Staid in one of the two villas in October - the one with an own garden..... Had the benefit of sunny warm days. Cap Rocat was one of our best experiences ever - mostly due to the design and decoration of the premises. The tasting menu was on the rich side - but the seafront restaurant was perfect. And the service - both elegant and personal. Top marks!

Room Tip: Villa is expensive - but for a short stay you get perfect privacy..
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Boharald
Reviewed 28 October 2017

This has to be one the go to places on Mallorca. Pricey, but you get what you pay for. Other reviews fairly sum up what the place is like, and it is truly that good. One criticism is that floors are very cold on the feet when moving about the room barefoot. Next time I'll take slippers as none were provided (or that I could find) like other hotels at this level. The bath tap is in the middle of the bath which makes getting in and out of it and having a bath somewhat difficult. Glass bottles to hold the shampoo and gels were a nightmare as we were always worried to death in case we dropped one (slippery in the shower and hard to get the contents out etc) and they would have instantly smashed on the floor. Very pleasant and helpful staff. I will return.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Supperhunter
Cap R, Manager at Cap Rocat, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Dear Supperhunter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review after your recent visit to Cap Rocat. We are pleased to learn that you found the staff to be friendly and efficient and that you plan to return. Thank you for your comments and we are sorry that you did not find the slippers in the wardrobe.

On behalf of all the staff at Cap Rocat, I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a stunning old fortress, perched above a lovely bay. The setting and the buildings are magnificent. The facility is sprawling but only has 30 rooms. The service is excellent.

It’s hard to describe but the setting and the fact that the staff dress a little like nurses make it very relaxing but it’s a little like a Bond movie set. I kept expecting to meet Blofeld stroking his cat.

We really enjoyed the Sea Club restaurant - it’s lovely to eat outdoors by the ocean. The food is very well cooked and not too fussy. The Fortress restaurant is more for foodies but doesn’t have as much atmosphere.

Late September is a great time - weather in the mid-twenties and sea still lovely and warm.

Very minor gripe from a wine bore - the list should show vintages for all the wines.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank Aghinagh1966
Cap R, Manager at Cap Rocat, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Aghinaggh1966,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the unique character of the former fortress that is Cap Rocat. We are delighted that you found the views and location to be so dramatic and that you enjoyed the Sea Club restaurant so much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cap Rocat on your next visit to Mallorca.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I find the price of a hotel can be deceptive, I generally have an expectation based on the price and some medium priced hotels over deliver whilst some expensive ones definitely under deliver, given the price category of Cap Rocat it comes with a very high expectation level and for our visit it certainly delivered, the location speaks for itself and the view from the suites are breathtaking whilst the service is excellent but unobtrusive, the staff to guest ratio appears high and on our visit there appeared to be more staff than guests but it most likely always feels like that. We ate in the Sea Club on both evenings which is a wonderful location on the waters edge, thought it might be cool in late September but it's very well sheltered, food and wine both excellent and good value. My only complaint, when I checked out the Hotel insisted that I had not paid a 15% deposit in advance so I had to pay the full bill and then dipsute it afterwards with "The Other Mallorca" who had booked the trip on my behlaf, the deposit had been paid and was refunded but I did not receive an apology from the hotel which left a slight bitter taste....

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Cap R, Manager at Cap Rocat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Martin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor after your recent visit. We are pleased to learn that you found the service and quality in the restaurants to be of a high level and that you enjoyed the views and peaceful surroundings of Cap Rocat. I am very sorry that we did not resolve the question of the deposit immediately. The reservations department was in contact with your travel agency afterwards but unfortunately did not have your personal contact information.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.