We normally stay at the St Giles Heathrow whenever we go to the London area. The city is easily accessible from the nearby rail station and there is good access to the attractions of the Greater west London area. This was our 4th visit but our first in 4 years. My goodness, what happened?!! Everything good about the hotel has simply vanished. Not sure if its been taken over and only limited staff employed, but we won't be staying again until things vastly improve.
If you do go, don't bother with the breakfast. To describe it as awful is too kind a word. The "restaurant" area was dirty with half cleaned tables after previous guests had eaten earlier. No "across the board" cutlery, Our second morning (why didn't I learn from the first), I ate my scrambled egg, hash browns and beans with a spoon!! There was no bacon at our time of eating (9.00), the sausage was not taken due to the contents of the sausage skin, the previous morning they tasted like...well I don't know what it was, but it wasn't sausage meat and I'm sure paper would have tasted better. It was just a tasteless soft mush. The beans were luke warm, but aided the digestion of the hash browns. We never finished the breakfast on that second morning, the wife had had enough.
The room. I'm sure there were no earth tremors in the London area recently, yet our room had a huge crack in one wall, from ceiling to floor. A lick of paint wouldn't go amiss either. The room/carpet itself was reasonably clean. The bathroom was adequate, with a good shower, easily adjusted for different heat settings. Cheap bog roll has been introduced, not quite as bad as the stuff you used to get in the school toilets but not far off, (remember that horrible thick greaseproof type paper that never ripped properly or got everything off it was made for...sorry ladies)
I can't really comment on the staff as there were so few around. One behind the desk, 3 in the restaurant, 1 of which was the cook and about 3 girls (on our floor) looking after the rooms. Never saw the concierge during our 3 days.
We did sleep however, so no issues with the mattress or bed. Noise from nearby Heathrow was not an issue. Heavy thick curtains ensured the room remained dark even in daylight.
If you are a plane spotter, ask for room ending even. Good views of take off and landings on Rwy 09R/27L.
Finally they have introduced a charge for car parking, 7 quid for 24 hours or part thereof. Not sure how long ago this happened. Clearly some cars have been broken into recently, judging by the broken window glass in some parking bays, thankfully none during our weekend. This is a risk you run unfortunately around the Heathrow area as I have experienced in past years, not at this hotel I might add.
So come on St Giles, wake up and sort it all out. Major refurb in all areas including food and staff training required. You can be good again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary hotel, good sized airy bedrooms, located across from Feltham railway station with easy and quick access to Twickenham, Richmond, Waterloo and Windsor. Shopping facilities within 3 minutes' walking distance as well as 14 screen cinema,large bowling complex and good selection of fast food outlets ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Giles Heathrow Hotel
- St Giles Heathrow Feltham
- St Giles Heathrow - A St Giles Hotel Feltham, Greater London