All reviews dream valley shark ray alley belize city small kitchenette fish white sand paradise on earth private marina small beach all inclusive package bar tender sea turtles boat captain the cottages the entire staff snorkel trip every meal
Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

There was about 18 of us who went to the island for one of our excursions on a Carnival cruise. We had a blast. We were the only ones at the island so it made it even better. We were able to look in the beach houses and they looked beautiful! The whole island was fun and hat a lot to offer. They made sure we had plenty of fresh coconuts, pineapple juice and whatever other drinks or snacks we needed! The food was great and service was outstanding! Would love to go back another time the whole family loved it!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Chase K
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

We had the fortune of literally having the island to ourselves for the last 3 days of our visit. They picked us up at the airport and took us to their private marina. This marina is in the back of their regional office (which is a house). So don't freak out. Totally safe.

They boat you over. Jairo is their boat and dive master. He is great at navigating the waters!

Your first view and pull up to the island is breathe taking. They great you with drinks. You get a quick tour of the island and review tours they do and all the details of your stay.

The cabana was amazing! 2 bedrooms and 2 baths! Air conditioning in the bedrooms! King sized beds. The porch is right on the beach and the view is amazing. Private beach. They have kayaks, lounge chairs and equipment right in front of your cabana.

We ate almost every meal there. Aaron was our waiter. It was his first week. He did a great job. He brought us breakfast every morning to the cabana. We then would eat dinner at the restaurant. This is where they could still improve. The food was limited (it is an island so supplies are limited). We had basically the same chicken for most of the meals. It was good but for the cost I would recommend a bit more variety. They also did not take much time to learn what we would and would not eat. We said no shell fish but shrimp kabobs were ready for lunch one day. They fixed something else for us quickly. Just those small details.

We did one excursion. Shark Ray alley! Jairo and Bernard took us out. They were both amazing! Jairo is excellent. He knows all the fish, not afraid to grab sharks and was very good at checking to make sure we were ok. I highly recommend this trip.

We got to know all the staff and we felt we were friends by the end. It made it quite nice. They even took us into the city when they had to smoke a supply run for free. Aaron showed us around.

We are a gay couple and felt completely welcomed and accepted.

We told Sherlyn we would be back and we will be!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chadly74
Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

The location and scenery of Royal Palm and great strengths but I feel that the people there make it such a great place to stay. I spent three nights on the island during my first trip to Belize and cannot recommend it enough. The entire staff was friendly and very accommodating. The cottage I stayed in was clean, modern, and well-appointed without being cheesy. The ocean is literally steps from your doorstep and I enjoyed kayaking and snorkeling near the island as well as during expeditions to Gallows Point and Hol Chan. Mark, the manager, and Sherlyn were very helpful in facilitating any requests I had. Jairo, the Dive Master took me and other guests out for wonderfully informative and exciting snorkeling trips. He is very good and what he does and made sure we felt safe in the water. He spotted and pointed out so many sea creatures including eels, nurse sharks, sting rays, crabs, sea turtles, Dolphins, and all manner of fish. Bernard was an excellent host and showed me around Belize City before we departed for the island. Yessi gave me a first-rate massage. Rodwell and Aaron provided very courteous food service and great conversation. The views around the island are beautiful, particularly the sunrise and sunset. The food was delicious and noticeably fresh. I can't think of anything that would have improved on this experience. I will definitely return and recommend this place to anyone looking for relaxation, comfort, and the opportunity for adventure.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2015

This was our second stop on our tour of Belize. We spent three nights here in paradise. We were looking for a beach resort where we could snorkel and swim right outside our door. This resort provided that and so much more. We swam, snorkeled and kayaked everyday. We took one tour to shark ray alley and were so glad that we did. Hiro was the perfect tour guide. He pointed out the marine life and explained everything that we were seeing. The staff made our 20th wedding anniversary extra special by setting up a romantic dinner for us right on the beach. All of our meals were extraordinary. It would be hard for anyone to find a place more romantic.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cantonstark
Reviewed 10 August 2015

We were celebrating our 53rd Independence and this location came highly recommended. For the day trip and lunch we paid $100 per person, which we thought was quite good. Lunch was filling and well cooked. The beach hut was spacious, clean and inviting. Those who opted to have a massage had NO complaints...she is great. The water was warm and clean...with activities for the kids like canoeing and paddle-boarding. I am sold on this place and WILL go back! Our contact Ms Sinclair was the best.

Room Tip: Choose a room by the beach!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends