3,968 results
All reviews snack bar water park duplex room aquum spa sports centre hotel number salad crisps dolphin show burger toasties ice lollies kids club tennis courts every night bar staff bottled water
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked Estival Park as a cheap getaway between Florida Trips. Kids have been wanting to visit Portaventura so decided to ignore the more recent bad reviews and book 2 weeks at Estival. As a Party of 6 we were in a 2 bed apartment (7052) initial impressions were great. Apartment was albeit basic but had everything we needed and most importantly was kept clean by the lovely maids for the duration of our holiday. The grounds around the apartments are immaculate and very peaceful. We really enjoyed having a quieter pool to swim in even if the water was a little cold.

My 3 children took part in several of the organised activities over the 2 weeks enjoying football, Jenga, shooting, darts, pool...

We tried all 3 hotel pools, restaurants, bars and snack bars before deciding that Hotel 2 blew them all out of the water.

Hotel 3 was very ‘british’. Staff were nice but I don’t like to feel like I’m at Butlins when I go abroad. The other 2 hotels had a mixture of nationalities and the kids met some lovely friends during our time there - German, Russian, French as well as fellow Brits. The layout at Hotel 2 was great, we loved being able to eat outside for dinner. The restaurant was significantly better managed than 1 and 3. Manuel and Margaretta (excuse the spelling) really kept it running smoothly with lovely smiles on their faces. They ensured you were seated on entering when it was busy unlike the other hotels where there were often no tables and you were left wandering around with your plate of food.

The food was varied enough and plentiful. Lots of traditional Spanish dishes as well as favourites from the different nationalities that frequent the hotel. We enjoyed something different nearly every night. Breakfast was also good.

We did hear of a bug going around but IMO this was not anything to do with the cleanliness of the hotel or the food. All 6 of us were well throughout. The hotel provide washing facilities as well as hand sanitiser on entering and leaving the restaurants. We all used the hand gel each time we arrived and left a restaurant (even the kids never forgot) as I would recommend anyone does when staying somewhere where there are lots of other people. It’s common sense really to have good hygiene practice. The hotel was kept immaculate during our visit.

Now for the Bar staff!! Every member of the bar staff we came across in hotel 2 were amazing and really made our holiday. Techu and Zidane went above and beyond for us with their service and banter. They really are an asset to Estival Park and I hope hotel management are aware of how hard they work to keep the customers happy.

We will definitely be returning in the not so distant future.

2  Thank Dannii1983
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here on recommendation from a friend whose been a fair few times. Came with a 6 year old and my mum. Was a bit apprehensive after reading the reviews especially when we decided to book an apartment- the TUI photos aren't the best and don't represent all the apartment block decor. Check in was a bit slow but to be expected - word of warning, email hotel direct before you arrive to see which block hotel (1 2 or 3) you need to check in at for your apartment as all the apartment blocks are situated behind each hotel. We were told block 1 by the hotel but TUI rep on coach insisted we were hotel 3 and had to check in there. Safe to say this wasn't the case and we were left, after queing for 20 mins at hotel 3, having to walk over with luggage to hotel 1. We saw who apologised and said it happens all the time! Anyway we finally checked into hotel 1 was allocated 7000 block. Newly refurbished and modern with terrace and shower no bath. Whoever ends up sleeping on the sofa be warned - it's a pull out mattress on the floor and my poor mum struggled with the sheer narrowness of it. Maybe better for kids. But the apartment 7871 was comfortable and close to the pool and 2 mins from hotel 1. We were told to have breakfast lunch in hotel 1 but any hotel for dinner. We preferred hotel 1 overall although so do most people and for this reason it was always busy, even in October. Yes lots of kids, it's to be expected and we preferred this. It's advertised as a family homeland lots of reviews are from families, so please stop moaning about the amount of kids who "should be in school" - hotels like this are unaffordable in the holidays so don't deny the families fun. All I would say is that there are A LOT of older upper middle class Spanish holiday makers here especially in hotel 1 who hang around in groups of at least 5, who insist on everything being done their way or no way and have no respect for the tourists. They all were in hotel 1 and I think come especially to use the spa sauna sports centre etc and pay for food. Be warned. We spent time in hotel 2 in the day it was much quieter. We spent time in the evenings in hotel 3 as the entertainment was better- couldn't get a seat even for a drink in hotel 1 after dinner was too busy. Food plentiful, great choice, hot and always got a seat in hotel 1. Really nothing to complain about with the food. We were all inclusive which was fantastic although to get lunch snacks u needed to go to hotel 1as when were in 2 visiting we noticed the AI snack bar was shut. There was endless supply out from 11am of chips fish nuggets burgers sausage salad fruit bread crisps and nuts, as well as on tap beer sangria fizzy juice or ask for wine/spirits/cocktail of the day. All free. Breakfast in hotel 1 was 7.30am-10am. Lunch was from 1pm although snacks opened at 11am. Dinner was 7pm but I believe it's later in hotel 2?. Food replenished constantly the waiter waitresses work so hard to get u seated sorted etc. Wine comes in bottles at dinner be warned - small bottles of white and red are served but big bottles of rose! One thing to mention was the cleanliness of the whole hotel and pool and gardens/grounds. Always staff out cleaning and checking the pool. The cleaner visited our apt every day with fresh towels and bed change once a week. We had some awful torrential heavy rain for 24 hours which resulted in our bathroom flooded from a leaky ceiling. The maid even came out in the awful downpour and put a black bin liner outside our front door with a linen bag inside of fresh towels lol. Later we came back to find she came out in the rain to clean our apt. She made me and my son a plastic poncho out of her roll of bin liners as we had no coats or hoods! She reported our bathroom and later we came back to find a note asking us to go to reception- they wanted to move us to an apt in block 8000 (closer to hotel 1!) And much to mums delight a 2 bedroom huge apartment (8123). Refurbished and lovely. Not much in La Pineda to do in October as the aquapark was closed. Lots of restaurants closed. Just hung round the hotels in the rain. Pools are FREEZING my son's lips were blue every time he got out but he loved it. Just to clarify tho about the free indoor pool for AI - this is NOT in the Spa Aquum - u need to pay to take kids in there and I think no under 14 allowed. We asked and they told us to use the indoor pool in the Sports Centre. Caps are 2€. Kids welcome until 5pm for free AI guests. Would we return? Probably yes in a warmer month when there's more to do outside the hotel- we actually preferred Salou which is 2.15€ on the bus number 1 from the seafront outside hotel. We got a taxi back it was 10€. Salou is much more British and busy and friendly. Great beach loads of bars cafes restaurants of that's your thing. It was a welcome change for us. But Estival, for the money, you really cant go wrong it really is a clean, well run all inclusive hotel and great for families.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just arrived back from this holiday and I’m in bed with sickness diarrhoea!!!! My husband was ill on Tuesday and Wednesday with this and I thought it was something he had eaten so he starved himself for two days but still dosent feel great . I was fine even leaving this morning but driving home I was sick and am now in bed and it’s coming out of everywhere!!! I feel really bad .
But we actually had a great holiday we were put in hotel 3 which is like a holiday village so maybe that’s were we picked it up from . Hotel 1 is much nicer mainly full of adults we did spend a lot of time in this hotel but I definitely think there is a nasty bug going round this week and would be interested to hear if anyone else has it ! It is a lovely place and lots of things to do and see don’t use the TUI tours go down the road and use plana bus much cheaper for the same trips .
Would we go back ?? Mmm yes but when the kids are in school I’m sure the hygiene levels will be better

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A super hotel (hotel 3)and very family friendly. Staff were fantastic and rooms cleaned perfectly daily. Very good kids club and pool. Kids loved the children's entertainment at night and the adult entertainment was generally good. Went all inclusive. Food consistently very good with a great choice. Hotel is right beside the water park and a 25 minute journey to Portaventura. Would definitely recommend. Will be back next year

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian L
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We being a family of 5,2 adults , 18yo,14yo,4yo.
We arrived on 5 Oct and was excited as we've been here twice before so we thought we knew what we expected.
MADE a request to stay in hotel 2 as the complex has 3 hotels and numerous apartment blocks via tui but right up until arrival we had no idea of what accomadation we'd be getting so we land in reus board coach to be told we were in hotel 3 I was mortified.
Arrive at the hotel to book in to be allocated a duplex room which was not what we wanted as we specifically requested.
A duplex room has stairs which are slippy and not suitable for toddlers.
Told reception we requested hotel 2 but it was clear we were in 3 come what may so the hotel obliged and gave us a triple room and my other 2 kids got their room next to us so yes I was pleased and would like to thank the hotel staff for facilitating this without fuss..
Now like i said at the start we,d been here twice before and had no complaints but this time that changed...4 yo had chicken nuggets from the snack bar and when we booked into our rooms we changed and went to the pool where after a few minutes the little un vommited in the pool and brought up his nuggets so the pool was closed and cleaned.
We went to dinner that evening and the food was awful,it was bland and tepid at best and not replenished quickly enough and left to go cold.
My daughter was ill from Friday evening to Sunday.
Sat evening dined again but was cautious as what we eat so sat rolls into Sunday and my wife ended up with the 2 bob bits and was very I'll
So sun evening after a few beers me and my lad we into the the restraunt and they had donner meat ant tortillas so of course after a few beers had 2 kebabs against my son's advice, devoured them so later on went to bed feeling sick and low and behold in the early hours of Monday I vommitted all I'd eaten I.e.donner meat,
Went to see 1 of the tui reps about it but got the impression she was more interested in selling trips.
I told her their were 100,s of TripAdvisor reviews pretty much of the same theme,hotel 3 food was horrible and her response to that was"i don't read TripAdvisor and wouldn't trust anything on it"...I found this response annoying so went on my way,I don't know what's happened on this complex but it appears whilst tui are happy to take youre money their reps are not really their to help you...
The complex it's self is nice enough basic but comfortable.
I don't know what's happened there but BRITS seem to be being forced out and other nationalities seem to be favoured by way of catering,kids entertainments,comfort.
Hotel 3 is in major need of a revamp to be brought into line with the other 2.
What i did like because it was my lads birthday when we arrived, later on in the day they put a bottle of sparkling wine in his room in an ice bucket and they did to others celebrating birthdays so I applaud estival for that well done.
All the estival staff were brilliant from reception,bar and waiters well the ones we encountered anyway..
If you do go here and want days out then take a 5 minute walk to the bus plana shop on the esplanade.
Tui wanted €155 for me,wife and 4yo to go to Barcelona zoo bus plana done exactly the same trip for €100..
My son and daughter went on a catamaran trip a 5 hour trip which includes food and drink€59 euro each but be warned and read the small print 12 and over are charge €59which I found disgusting but never the less They enjoyed it so I reccomend it but again got to bus plana 1st.
Estivi club for 4-8 yo was a god send 10-1.30 then 1600-2030 If thats What you want and going off our experience they look after the children well.
The entertainment was not up to much I've seen better acts there before.
If you need a doctor then there is 1 on the esplanade but be sure to take your insurance policy other wise it will cost you €80 just to see the doc then what ever on top alternatively the hotel reception will call them out for you.
Going back to the food situation there was a lot of people complaining and going Ill now wether they do anything I don't know but it's not all bad. restraunts in hotel 1&2 are much much more better foods hot and tasty and constantly being replenished which again goes to my theory of BRITS getting dumped in the worst of the 3 hotels.
I've contemplated booking through the hotel direct and driving over if I was to go back,I didn't like the way a rep dealt with my initial enquiry so be it..
To improve things I wish the hotel management would check out trip advisor reviews and see how many complaints are centred around certain topics to improve matters.
I should be talking about the fun we actually had I'd be lying if said the most of the holiday was not fun.
Weather was amazingly
I've spent so much time ranting,all I can advise if you want to go then check out all TA reviews and bare in mind they are catering for 000,s so not everybody is going to be happy.
I'm actually struggling to make a decision on wether I'd go back but we wait and see.
Adios amigos.....