“Holiday ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a fabulous Indian restaurant. The food was amazing and the staff could not have been nicer. We had a wait of 30 minutes because they were fully booked but was worth the wait. Will definitely be back when next in the area. Thank you

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in at the Bollywood Cottage on our way home from a weekend in the Yorkshire Dales. It was a Saturday evening and we turned up without a booking and the staff were very accommodating to fit us in. The decor is really nice and the restaurant was full with a good atmosphere. The food however didn’t quite live up to expectations. Starters of onion bhaji and fish pakora were disappointing. The bhaji was an unusual flat disc that was too well done for my liking. The fish pakora I thought I’d ordered for my vegetarian (plus fish) son turned out to be chicken pakora, but I was tired, maybe I mis-ordered. My lamb balti again was disappointingly bland with very little spice to it. It was all ok and filled a gap, but as a Bradfordian I guess I have been spoiled with good curries and unfortunately this fell short. Given the location I imagine you would have to travel a good 10-15 miles for a better curry but in future I would probably travel that bit further and try somewhere else. We were very well looked after though. Thank you.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Attended as a group of 10 and received nothing but excellent food and service.
Every meal was delicious and reasonably priced also. Ideal!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Visited the Bollywood Cottage whilst staying locally. The staff were very friendly and very quickly showed us to our table. Starters arrived quickly and were very nice. The mains, a biryani and korma were both excellent. Full of favour and good sized portions. The atmosphere was very pleasant and service good. Overall, an excellent evening meal.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on a visit to the Skipton area, the external and interior of the restaurant is nice although a distinct lack of parking. The service was very good and we understood they have been in this location for the last 18 years, which is no mean feat these days. We ordered Onion Bhaji starter, when it arrived it looked like no Bhaji I had eaten before! like a flat pancake, they were dense and a tad spicy, a bit like a potato cake, not the light and crispy round items we were used to. Mains were Tandoori Chicken and Chicken Jalfrezi, the Tandoori came out sizzling on a bed of onions as expected, the Jalfrezi was served in what looked like a soup bowl which was fine although it looked a bit of a mush. Both meals lacked depth the Tandoori looked right deep red and slightly charred, but just didn’t taste right and the salad looked like it was straight out of a mixed leaf supermarket bag with 2 uncut cherry tomatoes thrown in for good measure. The Jalfrezi was just mushy onions and green peppers and an odd chilli, the chicken had no marination whatsoever and bland, it reminded me of a ready meal from the supermarket, just lacked depth of flavour and love. We were sorry the food was just not up to scratch as we visit the area every year and were hoping to return.
Reading other reviews either we had a couple of bad meals or our pallets take a bit more than a few spices put together to excite.
Nick&Jinny