“Lovely food and excellent service”
Review of Cafe Nova

Cafe Nova
Ranked #10 of 18 Restaurants in Oswaldtwistle
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 8
Cuisines: Italian, British
Description: Situated on the mezzanine floor of Oswaldtwistle Mills, Cafe Nova offers a wide array of food and beverages in a relaxing and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

Visited 3 times over the last 4 weeks, jacket potato and tea with my sister, lasagne and coffee with my husband and just coffee the last time. All the food was hot and tasty and the staff are always very friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Lovely staff good food, good coffee, good value can't ask for more
We had Tuna Melt Pannini and Brie Cranberry Rocket Pannini both plates dressed with lovely fresh salad and Balsamic dressing plus large bowl of chips plenty for 2 people price £9.99.
We were both full after would visit again.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 3 October 2016

The Italian name drew us in. I thought it might be a change from the main cafe here, where the food tends to be a bit stodgy.

Unfortunately there were only two pasta dishes available, both vegetarian, which on this particular day I didn't fancy. I settled for mushroom soup, having been told it was 'very mushroomy.' To be honest, it was like we make at home - if you took out all the mushrooms and mixed it 50/50 with hot water. The Victoria Sponge was distinctly average. The best part of my meal was in truth the coffee, which was decent.

The bill for two of us came to nearly £20, which, for what was essentially a couple of snacks, a couple of cakes, and two drinks, seemed a tad high. After all, this cafe is in the upper part of a retail shed - it's not exactly the Ritz.

In fairness the place seems popular, and if you just want a drink and a cake, or something like that, it does its job. However, I shall be returning to its stodgy rival when I next visit this place, as it's better value for money.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed 10 August 2016

We called in for a snack and had a nice cappuccino and panini. Fairly quick service with the usual northern smiling welcome. Everywhere was clean and the tables were regularly cleaned which made for a pleasant break.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 7 July 2016

Very clean ,no cluttered tables. Food excellent for a cafe within a store, my panini and a toasty for my Daughter was delicious fresh and hot. Service was quick. The manager was excellent. we had my Grandson with us and she provided us with a high chair,she also informed us what food was being offered that day and explained the fillings to us. My Grandson was given a Drawing sheet and crayons so was kept occupied. Would definately return, this cafe is an asset to Oswaldtwistle Mills.

Date of visit: July 2016