“I really wanted to rate it a 5, BUT.......”
Review of Summer Palace

Summer Palace
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Padiham
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We have been to this restaurant a couple of times before and we really enjoyed it. So we thought we would go again on our wedding Anniversary . We had the Hot and sour soup which we have had before and it was Excellent as usual, then we had Spring Rolls with a Sweet and Sour Sauce, which again was very Tasty. My Wife had steak in Kung Do Sauce, and I had Fried Chicken in Black Pepper sauce. Both were Delicious and served with Fried Rice and Salt and Pepper Chips, which we shared. The Portion Sizes were Very Big, and although we both have good appetites we couldn't finish it all. Only two complaints here, the Salt and Pepper Chips didn't seem to have any salt in them, but we quickly remedied this by adding salt from the salt cellar on the table, and I was served around ten minutes after my wife. BUT Then we tried to order our Deserts.... Every time we tried to order our Choice the waiter answered,,, Sorry we haven't got any of those. After trying Several items I eventually said " Just tell me what you Have got" They had THREE Deserts out of about 13 or 14 on the Menu. I really didn't want any of those three choices, So I asked for a Vanilla Ice Cream that was on the next page of the Menu, and Guess what ? ......... Yes you are correct " Sorry we haven't got any Ice Cream of any Flavour . I ended up having a kids Ice cream (yes they had kids ice cream ? ) Which was £2-80 for one Scoop.....We Decided to order Two Liqueur Coffees to finish our meal. Suddenly the waiter ran out of the Shop ??? He returned five minutes later, and we eventually had our COLD Coffees. It turns out that the waiter had gone to the local shop because they didn't have any CREAM, then they must have put the cold refrigerated cream in the Coffees. It really is a Shame that our excellent Meal was ruined with several things on the Menu not being Available, and Surely two people Dining together should receive their Meals at roughly the same time.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Really nice place, it's quiet and underrated. Good food and good service, gets 5 stars from us Will keep coming back

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Easily the best Chinese around the area, visit here regularly and never fails to disappoint the staff are always very friendly and make you feel at home.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Went here on Saturday recommended by a friend it was absolutely awful. The starters was really greasy and the mains they brought wasn't what we ordered when saying it wasn't right the waiter argued it was how they did it but reluctantly took them back. When fetched back it was even worse. So we just asked for the bill and said we wasn't paying for the mains. The waiter then got really abrupt and slammed the card machine in front of us and carried on saying there food was great but the chef did get our order wrong. No apology just very rude. Would never go again and wouldn't advise anyone else to either

1  Thank Kelly W
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We are regulars at the Summer Palace so I decided that it's about time I left a review. It's without doubt the best Chinese food in the area in my opinion. We ordered BBQ ribs, salt and pepper chips and a special chow mein, which was all ready for pick up when I arrived at the restaurant. The food is amazing!! Ribs were succulent, chips hot and spicy and the chow mein was huge and full of fresh vegetables and meat! Highly recommended for either a sit down meal or a take away!!

1  Thank Gandoolie