Paloma Pasha Resort
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Sureyya Hotel(Gumuldur)
2,309 results
All reviewsterrace barterrace suiteguest relationsmain restaurantturkeyturkish nighta la carte restaurantsthe thomas cook repanimation teamfishnext yeargreat holidaybar staffsun loungersgames roomturkish restaurantplenty of choice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We have just returned from Paloma pasha, I have got to say that this hotel is one of the best that I have stayed at,starting with checking in so smooth and organised. The food in the buffet restaurant was brilliant and with plenty of choice there was something for every bodys taste. The pool and outside areas as good as you will get,not to forget the staff, all the the staff up to management, could not do enough to make your holiday a pleasure the bar manager Martin made sure you always had a drink in front of you,so any one thinking of going to this resort get booked .

Room Tip: We had a sea view room it was ideal , the next time we go we will go for a terrace suite, ultimate luxury.
7  Thank JGC616
Reviewed 24 April 2012

In desperatee need of a holiday to relax and unwind I visited the Paloma Pasha from 11th - 18th April 2012 and couldn't have asked for more. The Pasha gave me the perfect escape. I knew the hotel wasn't in a large resort, nor hugely geared towards kids, so it ticked a few boxes before I arrived. All the other ingredients I required soon followed and continued throughout my stay. So much so that in seven days I ventured out of the hotel complex only three times - each for a short gentle stroll up to the small local town Ozdere

This was both my first Turkish holiday and first all inclusive holiday but certainly wont be my last of either. Travelling in April I knew the holiday would be gearing up for the summer season, but even though some of the staff team had only arrived at the hotel the same week as us, they commitment to help couldn't be faulted. Nothing was too much trouble. What staff didn't know they made sure they found out promptly and efficiently, especially Emma on Guest Relations. The bar staff were great and the thanks to organisation the assistant bar manager Martin in the main bar, Piano Bar, were attentive to serve. Having read previous reviews, it would appear that these two additions to the Pasha team will more than overcome some of the previous criticisms of slow bar service and lack of English speaking staff. Nevertheless the colleagues around them also were tireless workers and friendly throughout. The entertainment in the Piano Bar was perfect in the background to add to the relaxing ambience, and on the on day I was mad enough to roll back the years and go to the disco it was as it should be - lively and loud!

As for the food again I have no complaints. We only chose to eat in one a la carte resuarant, as realistically given the choice of food in the main buffet style restuarant there was no need. The range and quality at breakfast, lunch and evening always meant that there was something for me to get my teeth into, and I never had the same meal twice. I never left the retuarant disappointed. The table service for drinks was quick and polite. Again unlike previous reviews, I found the managers in this restuarant were equally efficient and hands on. As for the a la carte, the atmosphere was more low key and the food good. It made a quiet change, and from our point of view perfectly timed on the busiest night of our stay.

I also tried out the leisure facilities. The indoor swimming pool was just about right, certainly not too cold. I was mad anough to swim in the outdoor 'pool' (winding river) in the middle of April. Now thats what you call cold!!, but after a few minutues adjustment was a great swim - as i was just about the only person in it. Both of these like the steam room and sauna were well maintained, cleaned and more than adequately supervised.

Wanting a touch of luxury we took the plunge and paid the extra for a terrace suite, which was worth every extra penny. From the size of the room, to the space of sun terrace and the fact in the suites room service and wifi is thrown in for free we could have easily idled the whole holiday away in our own personal space. Being on the top floor gave the added benefit of being completely unoverlooked - so i could spend an hour or more in the hot tub, sipping on my wine without a conscience. The room was massive and spotless, cleaned everyday with the minibar stocked. Fresh fruiit and petite fois (mini cakes to you and me) were also delivered daily. The bathroom complex in the room was a sight to behold - not least the shower suite which incuded a turkish hamman, which for several days I thought was just a sink on the wall!! They say ignorance is bliss, and in the terrace suite you can be blissfully ignorant to the world around you. I would recommend room 550 to anyone, so long as you dont want it the same week as our inevitable return visit.

Finally - though somewhat out of the hotel's direct control - the icing on the cake was the other people we met during this holiday. The company provided by many of our fellow holiday makers mad every evening different, sociable and truly enjoyable. Maybe that is a reflection on the type of customer the Pasha is marketed towards.

Look forward to my next visit.

6  Thank peter e
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Well the Resort is located right on Beach Front in ÖZDERE where there is not much to do. Özdere is a small summer town close to Kusadasi-Selcuk and other small resorts of Izmir. The Sea offers shallow sand with clean waters but I have to admit that it is not the best beach around. However, the pool is one of the biggest around. Hotel amenities are well-enough, the all inclusive quality is good enough but not the best. The patron demographichs consists mostly French-German and Brits whereas some Russians/Turks also enjoys the vacation. Staff is generally helpfull and smily face with some exceptions. The hotel itself is new with modern rooms without a fault while I did not find the offered bath amenities enough.

Kids may enjoy as well as the parents!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank okaloocha
Reviewed 23 April 2012

11/04/2012 to 18/04/2012. Overall, the hotel was very well run and maintained.
The staff were friendly, attentive, welcoming and helpful. The service in the restaurants and bars couldn't be faulted.
The food was well cooked and presented, varied, plentiful and tasty. The salad bar was particularly impressive.
The rooms (bedroom and "public" areas) were very well furnished and presented. The bed was very comfortable and the maid and mini-bar services were excellent.
During our stay there were two days of very stormy weather but the efforts of the hotel staff minimised the impact. The weather was very good for the rest of the time and we particularly enjoyed sunbathing on the (quiet) jetty.
We would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

7  Thank Sheila W
Reviewed 13 April 2012

stayed here june 11 nice room good food nice pool beach good sea was quite shallow good for kids evening entertainment was a long way from main hotel and difficult to get to so did not bother good market in town 10 min stroll away

Room Tip: you can ask for free upgrade for pool side room need to be a bit cheeky
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple