Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience Hook'd on Adventure Parguera
from US$ 65.00
More Info
All reviews private hour hour snorkel tour captain nicole private snorkel bio bay tour socially distant mangroves boat water
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 January 2021

I am very happy that we found that tour as it was truly an amazing experience!

I was searching for a tour last minute and a lot of comanies turned me down either because they simply didn't want to do the tour just a week before the full moon, or because they were fully booked.

After the whole day of searching Nicole called me back and we arranged a tour for me and my husband.

Oh how lucky we were

First we went to see the sunset by the small islands of the bay. We were alone in the boat with the guide, enjoying the talk and some free refreshments while contemplating the sunset. We also went snorkleing where the guide indicated us to go and guess what? I saw a giant sting ray!

After we went to the bio bay. Despite the bright moon the experience was magic!

First we could still see the organisms very well, especially if we were in the shadow of the boat. Nicole could even take a pretty good pictures of us with the halo of the organisms. Ans second, the swimming experience is very immersive even if it is less bright than usual: you can see them very well while you are diving with the mask. Its truly amazing.

To sum up, I recommend that tour!

Date of experience: December 2020
captnicole, Captain at Hook'd on Adventure Parguera, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2021

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience the tour and that you and your husband had an amazing time! Hope you visit us again in your next visit to Puerto Rico!

Reviewed 8 January 2021 via mobile

Nicole was the best captain ever! Very informative and what’s nice is most boats don’t let you swim and with her experience you can also swim IF you choose! Light refreshments provided and good conversation. An incredible experience!

Date of experience: January 2021
captnicole, Captain at Hook'd on Adventure Parguera, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Thank you for your review! I'm very glad you had an amazing time in the Bio Bay! The La Parguera Bio Bay is the only bay in Puerto Rico you can swim, most small boat companies let you swim except for the big party boats. Hope you come visit us again soon in your next trip to Puerto Rico!

Reviewed 5 January 2021 via mobile

This is the only bio bay in PR where you can swim and by far the best experience. Special thanks to the captain for making this trip so fun and taking pictures for us!

Date of experience: January 2021
captnicole, Captain at Hook'd on Adventure Parguera, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you had a great time! Hope you visit us again soon in your next adventure in La Parguera!

Reviewed 5 January 2021

My husband and I did the bioluminescent tour in December. We don't like crowded tours, packed boats and party boats. Nicole (I believe she owns the business) was excellent: great communication skills, very responsive before the tour, knowledgeable about the subject, pleasant, and professional. She provided exactly the experience we wanted. She also followed COVID related protocols and wore a face masks the entire tour. Nicole's boat was really nice; looked pretty new and bigger than what I expected since her tours are limited to 6 people. Even though it was a Saturday in December, because of COVID, there were only 2 other boats in the bay, which made for a nice QUIET experience without crowds and people screaming. Even if you are staying in San Juan, it is worth driving to La Parguera.

If you are not into party boats and crowds, Nicole is your person.

Because of COVID, we did not want anyone else on our tour; so she arranged that for us and the price was reasonable. If you want a private tour, just give her a call (and expect to pay more).

Date of experience: December 2020

Thank you for you amazing review! I'm glad you had a wonderful time in your private tour to the bioluminescent bay. Our business is family owned and we try to provide the best experience throughout each tour. Hope you visit us again soon in your next trip to Puerto Rico!

Reviewed 4 January 2021 via mobile

After our hangover-full Jan 1st, 2021 morning, we needed to do something calming and peaceful. But we never ever thought that we had in store for us, such a sweet gem of a tour of the Bay!
We were a group of 7 on a boat led by an extremely friendly, humorous and most importantly - informative Captain Nicole.
To begin with, Nicole let us hang by the mangroves in daylight, where we slowly absorbed the scenic sunset.
And then when it was dark, we headed to the Bio Bay spot. It is hard to put such a delicately precious experience in words but to put it plainly - the bioluminescent area felt like a lucid dream. The mangroves around us, the silhouettes of the mountains afar, the incredibly lit sky full of stars; and most incredibly, the luminescent microorganisms to swim with... what a sweet, peaceful experience!
Nicole was extremely generous with helping us understand the biology of the microorganisms as in why they are so and we also got bonus lessons in some astronomy from her! Cheers!!

Thank you for the amazing review! I'm glad you had a wonderful time in our Sunset and Bio Bay Tour! Hope we see you again in your next trip to Puerto Rico.