“A superb weekend away”
other travellers have booked this property
Midsomer Cottage with parking for up to 3 cars Lounge with Open Fire
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Midsomer Cottage with parking for up to 3 cars
Lounge with Open Fire
Dining table with log burner
Lounge with open fire
Dining Room leading to Lounge
Lounge
Victorian open fire in Lounge area
Dining table
Log Burner (dining room)
Kitchen (fully kitted) leading  to rear garden and hot tub.  Washing machine/Dryer and dishwasher
Kitchen with French doors leading out to the garden and hot tub
Hot tub
Hot tub
Hot tub (the water is changed prior to every guest)
Garden view from Kitchen
Garden - Hot tub on left and children's play area on the right
Rear of Midsomer Cottage
Upstairs Landing
Upstairs Landing
Master Bedroom - Super Kingsize or 2 x singles with dual aspect to the front.
Master Bedroom - Super Kingsize or 2 x singles with dual aspect to the front.  Sofa / single bed
Master Bedroom - Super Kingsize or 2 x singles with dual aspect to the front.  Full Size Sofa Bed
Kingsize Bedroom (downstairs) with front aspect
Kingsize Bedroom (downstairs) with front aspect
Downstairs toilet and sink
Front lounge at Christmas time
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Tyrone P
“A superb weekend away”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in October 2018

A superb location and accommodation. The hot tub was fabulous and the rooms were very clean and tidy. I would recommend this place to anyone. We will definitely use this property again.

16 Oct 2018
Thank you for your kind words - we hope to see you again soon!
Bourton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2018 for a stay in October 2018

9 Oct 2018
Thank you for your kind words - we hope to see you again soon!
RICHARD L
“Our family reunion was disrupted to say the least AND FOLLOWED BY BLACKMAIL THREATS FROM THE OWNER ..”
Reviewed 21 September 2018 for a stay in September 2018

We booked the cottage for a long weekend .. My wife and I arrived on the Friday followed by the rest of the family on the Saturday morning .. woke to a cold house with like warm water and no shower possible. Spent some time checking the boiler and thermostat which did not seem to work. Contacted the owner who told me he could not get a plumber until after we we due to leave. I then asked if he had ever replaced the batteries in the Hive thermostat .. he told me he had not and told me to go and buy some .. I drove to find somewhere to buy these and was eventually able to get the boiler working . The morning not quite what we had planned. The following day (Sunday) we thought we would try the hot tub .. no such luck.. not working . After much trying this and trying that I phoned the owner who told us it was likely to be a fuse in the fusebox located in the downstairs bedroom .. all fuses OK. By this time the family made a decision to abandon cottage and find a local park with swings (2x 2 year olds and 1 five year old). It transpires there is a master trip switch in the house next door to which we did not have access. The owner did text later in the day to say the hot tub should be working but this was now too late for it to be used. One other item of note .. the downstairs toilet has a glass door !!! there is a blind rigged up inside which jams and falls of the mountings.. we draped a bath towel over the door to restore some modesty but the trade off was the door could not be closed.
Having paid £760 for the 3 night rental I felt some form of compensation would not go amiss .....I RECEIVED A REPLY MESSAGE FROM THE OWNER OFFERING SOME £20 AND WITH BLACKMAIL THREATS (QUOTE) "THIS IS DEPENDENT ON YOU LEAVING A REVIEW OF NOT LESS THAN 5 STARS" he then went on to state " I SHALL LEAVE A SUITABLE FEEDBACK FOR YOU" He has also twice promised to reimburse the cost of the batteries for HIS thermostat . this I have yet to receive 13 days after his first promise. I DO NOT RESPOND TO BLACKMAIL / THREATS and have decided to forego any minimal compensation offer and provide honest feedback instead. I am nonetheless expecting adverse feedback in spite of our leaving the property spotless and hoovering throughout . On the plus side the beds are comfortable.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Sep 2018
Unfortunately the client was one of those just after money. He had to renew some batteries in a heating control (which I offered to refund) and the hot tub tripped out for just under an hour (I had someone reset the fuse quickly). The client then demanded £100 compensation (quarter of his rental cost), which I explained I felt was too much and offered £35 dependent on him not leaving a poor review. I'm sure if you read this review in context with the others, it'll make sense. To all other home owners, I'd refuse this client if I were you.
Hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
7 Sep 2018
Thank you so much for a lovely review. It was a pleasure to have you stay.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

16 Jul 2018
Thank you so much for a lovely review. I'll look into the suggestions.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing