“Perfect Honeymoon.”
Review of Oasis Marigot

Oasis Marigot
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Marigot Bay
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a vacation villa in the last week of October and it was a perfect little retreat. Our villa (no 5) was very pretty, totally white washed with high beamed ceilings and contained everything you would need for a self catering holiday. There are no tv's in the property but with the view from the balcony you didn't need or miss one. We saw yachts and catermarans sailing in and out of the marina everyday and the sunsets were spectacular. The tram is handy for when you're carrying luggage/shopping or when you're tired but it is miles quicker to walk the 180 steps. We decided to time it and the tram actually takes 3 mins and 40 secs to get to the top which feels like an eternity. The location of the villas make it mozzi heaven so you will need a really good mozzi spray and some citronella candles if you want to sit on the balcony in the morning or at night. There is bug spray provided for you to spray the villa before you leave for dinner so any stray ones will have perished before you go to sleep. The pool was bigger than it looks in pictures, though shallow you can do a couple of lengths if thats what you like, otherwise just lounge and take in the view. The beach is small but fine for sunbathing, it gets rocky as you go further into the sea so you may want to take swim shoes. We weren't bothered by locals as others have said, in fact all the locals down there were really nice. We hired a kayak from the guys on the beach and rowed around the bay, if you go beyond the bay to the left we could see another little beach we could have got to but we had only paid for an hour and ran out of time. It does rain in st lucia but thats why is so beautiful, it doesn't ruin your day at all and it usually overnight or in the morning and is actually quite nice to get caught in. Nahdjila in reception is lovely and helped us to book all our trips that we wanted to do. For the first part of the week we couldn't work the wifi but then we found the wifi extender behind the sofa, we moved the sofa out of the way and then it was pefect so we think the signal was being blocked. The ferry was 20 us dollars for the week each which ended up being the best option for us as we used it alot. We hired a rental car for three days and parked it in the carpark across the bay, driving on st lucia is pretty easy if you already drive on the left at home and are used to country style roads. The only negative about Marigot Bay is the lack of restaurants. There are five in total including the one in the capella hotel. We ended up eating in a few nights and just went out for drinks. All in all we had a really great time, if you want a honeymoon or holiday where you can totally disconnect from your busy life then it's definitely for you.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlton_and_Sophie
LaurenOasisMarigot, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Marigot, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing the Vacation Club at Oasis Marigot for your honeymoon trip! We hope that we made your trip memorable. Happy to hear that you enjoyed Marigot Bay's laid back atmosphere as it's the perfect way to disconnect and relax. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Love love love this place. It was our first time there and we only stayed one night (had to get on a sailboat the next day). We loved the cottages and how they were set up, pool, beach, trolley for luggage was great!, views. In our next life we want to have a bed & breakfast on the water and you property is now one of our models we would like to pursue. I would love to return to St Lucia one day and if we do, we would love to visit you again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MBS-CO

Thank you for taking the time to review your short stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your retreat at the Vacation Club. Hope you do get your b&b one day :)
See you soon!

Reviewed 4 November 2017

I stayed at Oasis Marigot from August 1st to August 8th, and my experience there was nothing short of lovely. This property was recommended to me by Judith of Mango Beach Inn, and after reading through countless reviews, and considering the value of service i'd be receiving for my money I chose to stay there.

I stayed in the vacation Club Villas , and I can say that the location is nothing short of perfect, I was in awe of how beautiful the property and area was from the moment I arrived. The view of Marigot Bay from the balcony is breath taking to say the least. I'd wake up every morning and sit there with my breakfast and my birds who befriended me and just take in the view before I went about my day. The property has a very zen like quality about it, as there is no television or landline, however there is wifi and they provide you with a local cellular phone. The tram is a God send, because traveling up the steps with my luggage would have been a daunting task. The grounds were perused nightly by security guards, who were always mannerly which made me feel safe as a solo female traveler

Additionally the villa was immaculate,and the house keepers always made sure it was clean and smelling lovely. The bathroom was lovely, the kitchenette is fully equipped with everything you need to prepare your meals and the bedroom was spacious and comfortable. The property is situated above the Doolittle's restaurant, and there are lots of fun activities to do on the beach. There are a slew of other restaurants across the bay, a bank close by, and a supermarket right across the bay, however I'd suggest going to Promise supermarket as they have more variety and better prices.

The staff I encountered were friendly, respectful, and all around pleasant people, who were always willing to answer any queries I had.

The only issue i experienced was in the form of a centipede getting into my villa. Some of the net frames in the villa need changing, as one of them was slightly twisted at the bottom. I believe this is how he gained entry into the villa. This to me is an issue that can be easily rectified so I don't consider it a huge con.

I'll never forget my week in St. Lucia at Oasis Marigot, and i'm sure i'll be there again next year if I chose to stay in the same area.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank RainaFranklyn
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Oasis Marigot was there whenever we needed them. Before even booking with them, they emailed back within an hour of emailing them with a question, which continued all the way to our stay there. They provided us a phone, they have a taxi service for you to call, which would be Albert who is AWESOME and will talk to you about anything and everything about the island and the people! they are just genuine people in general. The activities director was very nice, and even the house keeper, Christina was a sweetheart. Uriel called us once we arrived and made sure we knew everything we needed to know for our stay. They are wonderful at customer service and make you feel SO welcome!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I was delighted with my accomodation and with the property in general. The villa was very clean, attractive and in good working order and the grounds were beautiful and well-maintained. The setting was incredibly beautiful and it was everything that I had hoped that it would be. Nahdjla, the office manager was so warm and accomodating and took such good care of me. It was fun to pretend that I had my own little home in the Caribbean for two nights. I was very impressed with the beautiful bedroom setting and was very glad that this room was air conditioned, especially in October. The fully-equipped kitchen was also very impressive- absolutely everything that you could think of was supplied. I would recommend Oasis Marigot to anyone who wants to experience the real vibe of Marigot Bay while in St. Lucia.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
13.7 km away
Coco Palm Resort
Coco Palm Resort
#2 of 6 in Rodney Bay

Been to Oasis Marigot? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK