“Wonderful!!”

Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in West End Village
San Antonio, Texas
“Wonderful!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Last August 2011 we were here for our honeymoon! IT WAS AMAZING! They left us a little gift with my new last name and we had such an amazing time!! Beautiful and secluded... we will be going back defiantly!!! This is the most amazing place I have EVER visited and we cant stop talking or thinking about it since.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Cyndi26
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Malibu
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I love Turtle's Nest so much I almost don't want to post a review because I'm afraid too many people will discover it and I won't get the rates and availability! I came to Anguilla at the last minute without a plan of where to stay (very unlike me - i usually research like crazy). I booked a well known expensive resort for the first 2 nights so I could explore the island and decide where to stay for 2 or more weeks.... I spent an entire day driving around, seeing rooms, condos and suites all over and I cannot believe what a gem Turtle's Nest Beach Resort is! The condo i rented is in the "phase 1 building" condo #2AE. It's 1 bedroom oceanfront condo. For an entire week here, I paid less than the 2 nights at the "luxury" resort and I have 3x the space, completely amazing unobstructed divine view and personalized attention! I am as close to the water as anyone can get. The views are stunning throughout. Full bedroom, bathroom, living room, dining room and kitchen all on Meads Bay! This is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and I feel like I have it practically all to myself ! I can walk to 3 world class restaurants too. The service is wonderful here - everyone really just want to make their guests happy. From the outside it looks a bit beat up (and are some odd things like rust here or there - that normally would bother me, but for this price, view and service i do not care!). I almost didn't check it out when i pulled up - but am soo glad I did. Right next door, the villas charge the same amount per night for what i am paying for the whole week! There are HUGE cool old turtles that live out front... And the staff even put rose petals on my bed. I want to buy one of these condos I love it so much! Shhh don't tell anyone !! I extended my stay to 3 weeks.. and will be back many many more times!

Room Tip: Phase 1 building is closer to the water.. all condos are individually owned so will differ.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank Michele C
College Park, MD
Reviewed 3 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from a week long stay at the Turtles Nest. We had stayed at Carimar last year, which we loved, but I really felt I needed AC in the whole place this time. When we arrived I was greeted by Jackie, who was wonderfully warm and helpful. It started the trip off and a very positive note. She showed us to our room and when we went inside I was instantly impressed by the size, the beautiful view of Meads Bay and the AC. We stayed on the fourth floor (4 AW) and I have to warn you, it's not for the faint of heart. The climb really was wearing, especially with groceries and after a long hot day at the beach. I may opt for the 3rd floor next year. The unit was spotless and was kept that way by our housekeeper Ailene. She was so sweet and was so flexible (we didn't leave often times until noon) and she wasn't making us feel bad. The kitchen was great. It had nice granite countertops and plenty of space and everything we needed. There was also a washer and dryer but we didn't use it. I did however use the iron almost everyday. The pool below looked delightful but we never did take advantege of it. The beaches kept us pretty busy. I would completely recommend Turtles Nest and plan to return back next year. It was a great place.

Room Tip: 4AW has a great view if you don't mind the stairs, but you can probobly get a pretty darn good v...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank maryhop
Maryland
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed for the first time at the Turtle's Nest the end of May. The apartment, staff, and location exceeded our expectations.
Our unit was a one bedroom in the Phase 1 building. The apartment was great but it was the views that blew us away. The apartment faces east and has 3 areas of glass doors that wrap one corner of the unit. You could see the beautiful Meads Bay from the living room, dining, and kitchen area.
On top of that, there is large balcony that we used to enjoy morning coffee and an evening glass of wine - just perfect.
As noted in several other reviews, TNBR is on a fantastic beach. This was our 7th visit to Anguilla and we always stayed on SBE but have definitely found a new 'home'.
It is also convenient for lunch and dinner. There are a few within walking distance for lunch - Staw Hat, Jacala, and the Beach Shack and many others can be reached in a few minutes by car.
Finally, the staff - Betania, Scooby, and Daryl,the owner Johnny, and everyone else were wonderful. I had a mishap while at TNBR (I cut my head requiring stitches) and Johnny and Betania went way out of their way to take care of me until I could make it to the hospital. Everyone was really caring and checked on me for the rest of our stay.
As I said,this was our first time at TNBR but it definitely won't be our last.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank TCvacationer1
X
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The vast and open layout of these condos together with their very affordable price is only one of the reasons you will experience bliss on this property. As noted it is right in the middle of an amazingly spectacular beach. Several other hotels/restaurants are within a short to medium walk with varying menus from light fare to all out dining. There isnt' a thing the staff doesn't cover for you to ensure your stay is positively divine. We stayed on Anguilla first with a plan to ferry to St Martin for a few days. On our ferry over to St. Martin we realized we were the most relaxed we have ever been on any vacation. Hard to describe unless you've been there but staying at Turtles Nest is pure bliss.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Zemi Beach House, Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Shoal Bay Village
0.8 km away
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Anguilla
Four Seasons Resort and Residenc...
#4 of 13 in West End Village
0.9 km away
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
Malliouhana, An Auberge Resort
#2 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Turtle's Nest Beach Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK