“Our go to place for take aways.”

Giggling Squid Esher
Get food delivered
Ranked #9 of 44 Restaurants in Esher
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 41
Description: Living in the area made me think that Giggling Squid would fit in really well. We also wanted a good local Thai restaurant that we could eat in! Before this building became a Giggling Squid, I used to take my son for tea here after his swimming class. How times change! From day one, we’ve had such immense support from the locals and parents from schools around the area. It’s also probably one of my favourite restaurants – there’s a sky light at the back which makes the lamps sparkle as the sun goes down.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Top quality food and ridiculously reasonable price! Certainly the best Thai take away I had. Recommend having curry with shrimp cracker.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (501)

Reviewed 15 February 2021

We visited in July 2020 after lockdown. This is one of the best restaurants that I’ve visited. Food is excellent and great service. We had two courses with drinks and it roughly worked out about £40 a head. We will definitely be going back!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 30 January 2021

Collected an order this evening ( not the first time) certainly wasn’t disappointed - although was a bit like warm couple of mins in microwave and fine
Large portions and just so yummy, packaged beautifully and fed us 3 with left overs - still my favourite restaurant and eilll be back for another collection very soon, can’t recommend enough

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 19 November 2020 via mobile

Normally the food here is superb however sadly they have not got their Covid service up to speed. Ordered online on Sat 14th Nov at allotted time 20.15 it was not ready until 21.30pm. It was also lukewarm and not as good as normal, plus I had a stomach upset the next day! All very dissatisfied and disappointing. It’s normally my go to takeout during Covid by not any more.

Date of visit: November 2020
GigglingSquid, Owner at Giggling Squid Esher, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2020

Dear Valgass2018,
I'm very sorry to read that you were not completely satisfied with your recent experience. Can I ask that you contact me directly at simon.g@gigglingsquid.com so I can look into this further? Please quote ref 20187 in your response. I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards
Simon

Reviewed 14 November 2020 via mobile

COVID-19 takeaway arrangements sadly not working. Having waited in the rain for 45 minutes after my advised collection time, it was particularly disappointing to find that our food was really ropey. Grey chicken in watery green curry sauce was a particular low point. Very far from usual standard, unfortunately

Date of visit: November 2020
GigglingSquid, Owner at Giggling Squid Esher, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2020

Dear MaryleboneGirlLondon,

I am sorry to read that your recent experience was not a positive one. Can I ask that you contact me directly at simon.g@gigglingsquid.com to enable me to look into this further and resolve? Please quote ref 20151 in your response.

Kind regards