See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We stayed at the hotel during our 4-day hike in the Alps from Oberammergau to Fussen. Everyone we met along the way so friendly, so it was such a shame that this hotel was the only exception. The check-in / out staff and the restaurant staff were rather curt; I think this is one of the few (if not only) places to stay while in Linderhof so it is almost as if they have stopped trying.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura_JKing
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I was staying in the hotel for 2 nights. Apart the little distance from the palace (so you can walk around the park after hours without any tourists) there is nothing good I can tell about the hotel. First, the people at the reception were horrible if they were there (I couldn't find them for a long time). The breakfast service was so poor, I had to buy my own food afterwards. The restaurant staff was also bad and the meal was very expensive and not as good as promised. I will avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Veronika H
Reviewed 14 July 2016

I can't come up with any complaint about the hotel. The staff was helpful and fluent in English. Room was comfy and very clean. The breakfast buffet could have been bigger but I think we ate more than enough. There was a free parking place in the hotel yard for guests.

There are really no other attractions in the walking distance besides the Linderhof Castle, which is very beautiful. Shops and the restaurant closes early but you can still get something to drink after 9 pm. By car it takes only 15 minutes to the nearest town Oberammergau that has idyllic houses and a cable car to the top of a mountain.
Great place to stay for one or two nights on your way to the next destination

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2016 via mobile

The rooms are clean and big. The service at the reception is also good and the lady was very helpful. The lowlights are the very slow WiFi internet and the lack of breakfast in the restaurant. The experience with the hotel itself was ok and I would have no problems coming back. The restaurant instead is a mess, but I have already talked about that in the restaurant's page.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2015

This is a very beautiful hotel with an amazing location. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are very spacious and clean. It has that great rustic Bavarian feel and it's literally 5 minutes walk away from the Linderhof Castle. I gave it four instead of five stars because the food wasn't that great on our first night, but the second night they realy stepped it up!

Room Tip: The location really is amazing.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family