Scandic Jarva Krog
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$ 155
  • Breakfast included
2Home Hotel Solna(Solna)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
US$ 150
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfriends arenatrain stationplus pointstay at this hotel againwalking distancenice hotelthe hotel stafftwo single bedsnice roomstockholm centerbuffet breakfaststandard roomnice staycomfortable bedsyogurtgreat breakfastjacuzzi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 January 2012

The hotel is a good place to be for businesses in Solna and Frosunda Port. I really like the act I can walk to my company's offices from here. A taxi to the same place will cost anything from 70 - 110 SEK.

I've had three stays and on each occasion had a comfortable, pleasant room. You get a flat screen tv, working space and two single beds. The bathrooms are basic, with only a shower (ie no bath) in 2 of the 3 rooms I had. Enough space to hang and store clothes, and ironing facilities seem to be standard. There is some road noise and if you need a window open it would probably be too noisy. I didn't find it intrusive. Wifi is free and I always get plenty of bandwidth for laptop and iPad. Your login works anywhere in the hotel.

The people are all wonderful, and willing to take time to explain stuff in English.

There is a small gym, with only two CV machines (bike, treadmill), free weights and a basic multi-gym. There's also a sauna and hot tub.

The restaurant is nice enough, but if you're staying regularly you might find the menu a bit limited. Not much for vegetarians either. You will find that a single course dinner and a beer will set you back between 180 and 280 SEk.

You can also get snack food (salads, sandwiches, coffee, cold drinks) at a shop in reception. But there is no room service.

Breakfast is included in the room rate and is a Buffet service. Masses of yoghurt, fruit, cereal, breads plus a hot option if you need it.

If you want luxury, forget it. If you want gourmet dining, forget it. If you want endless facilities as home from home, also forget it. But as a place to rest between working days, it's good value and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Nosher1404
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Listen if your a light sleeper in anyway and you are in a room facing the motorway forget about it. It is now 05:33am and I have not being able to get any sleep. The windows do not fit correctly or they are of an old design thus allowing a large amount of noise in, apart from that, the room is clean, the staff are nice but the road noise is just not worth it. They did not have any other rooms free so I am stuck here. It will be a long day tomorrow.

I am giving the bad review due to this awful noise level.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the motorway and away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Ronan T
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Pros: the hotel suited for my purposes very well. I stayed in a very quiet corner room in the 9th floor, the room did not have any neighbors and I could not even hear the lift "bling". Good breakfast. It also had quite good jogging routes nearby.

Cons: the room temperature was quite hot.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Nothing good to say about this hotel. My room was on a floor that was being refurbished, so there was bare concrete in the corridor and lift areas. I waited 1 hour to get a meal in the restaurant and I am still waiting for the second beer I ordered. The rooms are dull and very noisy, I enjoyed the sound from the TV set in the next room most of the evening and first thing in the morning. (the walls are very thin!)
And to top it all it cost around €180.
I am not picky about hotels, but this is one of the worst I have stayed in. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Synodita
Reviewed 15 December 2009

The one and only drawback about this hotel is it is outside of Stockholm centre and the walk to the station is a little dodgy. We have two seven year olds and we did it fine in about ten minutes everyday. You have the option of walking along a main road or through a forest. However, the a strip of tickets into the centre is so cheap that it is worth it and the kids are free on the transport at the weekend.

I booked direct with the hotel and got a fantastic rate of around 500 kroners a nights so it was a bargain for a family of four. The room was a little on the small side with two beds and bunk beds for the kids but it was clean. Since most swedish television is subtitled the girls enjoyed all their disney programmes in English.

The breakfast was superb, lots of choice, plenty of places to sit, very high standard of food and drinks.

I would recommed people bring swimwear which we forgot to do so we didn´t get he chance to use the jacuzzi/pool facility which is free for guests.

We ate in the hotel restaurant everynight which was handy after a long day sightseeing with kids. The menu was great, with a kids menu too and the prices were reasonable, it was never more than 600 kroners for the four of us.

The hotel staff in the reception and the restaurant were friendly, helpful and polite.

We would definitely stay here again. We loved Stockholm and the girls loved Junnibacken and the Vasa was absolutely awe inspiring.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family