See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

I have booked a stay here at Santa Maria resort as myself and my fiancee were desperate for a break away from the city and the first impression was very positive, beautiful place and very friendly staff. On arrival i was told i had to pay extra to park the car, fair enough; we went for dinner at the hotel restaurant the first evening and we weren't impressed with the food very much, especially after ordering mixed fried sea food starters and received fish finger type of food.. As we are both into fitness we also chose this hotel based on the fact that the website stated that a gym was available; when we looked at the "gym" we felt cheated as it was literally smaller than a single bedroom and it had a threadmill which did not seem to work, another machine which was not serviced and felt very unsafe to use, and a cross trainer, which worked.
On the last day of our stay we decided not to go to the beach and stay at the swimming pool onsite (good size and very nice) and since the brochure mentioned a bar at the swimming pool we decided to grab a bite, but this bar actually does not exist, again felt cheated. We then went to reception to find out where we could get food from and a drink since the brochure in the room said that food was available between 11-17:30 and at the time it was 15:00 and we were asked to go and speak to somebody in the restaurant.. I had to literally walk into the kitchen as there was nobody on the restaurant floor and found a waiter who said that we could only get food at dinner time!!!!this type of service is definitely not worth 600 euros for 4 nights in a small room and because we work hard to earn our money i feel very disappointed and i regret not booking a different hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
4  Thank maurizio s
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We booked this hotel for three nights for £275. I thought it was a very good deal considering some of the other places we had seen. Nothing is walking distance to this hotel so you do need a car. However there are lots of gorgeous beaches close by as you are right in the middle of Santa Theresa and Palau. The hotel itself is very cute with a lovely Moroccan interior, lovely swimming pool, and very clean. The views from the hotel are incredible you can see the ocean of windsurfers. The windsurfing lake is about a 10 minute drive from the hotel and apparently they have three windy days a week. It's the Sardinian weather cycle (this is what I was told I have not checked it's true) but it's just to say if you are thinking of going windsurfing try booking it in the windy days. The room was basic but cute, you have your own fridge which is fantastic because the food in the hotel was horrendous. We tried the bar menu and the breakfast and it was quite possible the worst food I've ever been served in my life. Bring your own breakfast, and if you talk to any of the staff make sure it's Naomi as she's the only one who is helpful.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luke S
Reviewed 22 October 2015

Absolutly loved staying here, the pool was beautiful, the location perfectly secluded but not too far away. There are a selection of bikes to hire so you can cycle into town or to the beach. Everything is within arms reach, however I would recommend hiring a car as you can drive to the neighbouring town of Cala Gonone. with the most beautiful beaches and Crystal clear ocean. make sure you hire a boat and explore the coast of Orsei! I would also mention I would think this resort would be a perfect location to host a wedding!

Reviewed 4 October 2015

One can't really complain much at 39 euros a night! A friendly receptionist.
Nice big pool and garden. Bedroom a bit small.
WiFi didn't work in the rooms, only in the reception area briefly and then not at all.
Free parking available on site . Good location for access to the excellent Bidderosa beach. Also 5 mins drive from the old town in Orosei. Would stay again depending on the price.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

Just stayed 2 nights there in September (mid week)
Very very nice small resort, built around a great pool.
The rooms look like littlte houses facing the pool and the garden.
Very clean, not expensive, very nice breakfast with real coffee made under demand.
Free wifi