Riverview Hotel
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbus terminalminutes walking distancenice foodpleasant stayotak otakother hotelswifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Me and my family had terrible experience here. I get to know this hotel from the internet. Trust me, do not waste your credit card by doing the online booking. It sucks!! As if they never knew about this so called internet-booking. I booked Premier Deluxe room which should have 2 queens (as advertised in their website) but when me and the other 4 of my family members were here, we were given a room with one queen bed and 3 additional smelly, flat with no-sponge at all bed. The additional bed? Yucksss!! As if, it is bed from cheap motel okay. When i demand for an explanation about the room from service counter,that snobbish guy didn't answer me and totally ignorant.
To add the matter worst, an electricity interruption. It's not only once but more than 10 times. Even after midnight, when people should soundly sleeping they do have this problem. We have to open the window to ensure that we do have the air to breath. It really freaking bad here!
It's totally out of my list after this... The hotel? Suck!! The staff? Double sucks!! The overall? Trust me...multiple sucks!!

Room Tip: Don't booked online!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank ren_oct267
riverviewhotelmuar, Manager at Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Dear Customer,

First of all, we apologize for all the inconvenience caused & understand your unpleasant experience, however, do allow us to explain.

We had done an investigation & found out that we could not receive your online booking request. This happened because the internet server system was down. As such, booking may appeared as successful at your end, but failed at our side. We are truly sorry about this situation, and the problem doubled when rooms were fully booked on your arrival day, and we were unable to provide the 2 queen beds that you had booked.

Regarding the quality of the additional bed, we sincerely apologize again. We promise to seriously look into this matter to ensure good & comfortable amenities are available to our customers. Lastly, another apology from us for the electrical problem that happened. We will strengthen our maintenance team to avoid such incident in the near future.

If you have any query, please email me at jamesngbk@yahoo.com.

Thank for your valuable comments & hope you will come visit us again.

Regards,
James Ng

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed one night with my parents in a Superior Deluxe Room. The room is clean, comfortable & value for money too. The staffs were friendly except the corky parking attendant. The only drawback was the room was directly above the Bistro and near the road, the Bistro operated till almost 2am with loud thumping music...otherwise everything else was fine.

Room Tip: Request your room to be furthest away from the Bistro
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sacred21
riverviewhotelmuar, Manager at Riverview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear Sacred21,

Thank you for staying with us & taking the time to post your valuable comment.
We look forward to welcome you back again in the future.

Regards,
The Management
Riverview Hotel

Reviewed 22 November 2010

1. poor & unfriendly counter service. 2. louzy tv and reception of astro show (need to pay extra RM10 to upgrade to LCD tv room - was cheated by the photos show on riverview website NO LCD TV and king size bed) 3. smelly room (but still acceptable). My last visit was good, time to upgrade.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oZcactus
Reviewed 27 December 2009

Stayed at this small hotel for 1 night, it was very heavily booked due to Johor Sport Competition held at Muar this week. The room I paid was Rm75nett, unbelievable big room & big bathroom for the small price I paid. Overall it's quite clean, but I wish they could improve further with whiter & spotless towels.

They provides 4 pillows which I found very generous. 2 pillows are firmer, 2 are slightly softer, which to me are wonderful.

The only complaint was that the room have very bad sound proof system. Noises can be heard loud and clear wether you are in the room or someone at the corridoor. We happen to shared the same floor with some noisy teenagers whom I assumed are basketball players from other district. They make so much noise singing and shouting till 2am! :( They smoke at the corridoor and the smell also travel to our toom :(

The hotel lack of a cafe/restaurant and other standard facilities. Though traveller can settle all meals at near by food court or cafe. It's also close to 7-11 and Muar bus terminal.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank apii
Reviewed 7 July 2009

this hotel service is very bad. the operator no good service at all. i want a viewroom, but he dont give me the room. talk to customer verybad mood, so we dont like it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends