“Just Excellent”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 15 August 2015

A lot out of the way and we only made it here on our way out of town. Big mistake. It's not much to look at but don't let that stop you. While not a diet friendly meal it was by far the best food we had anywhere on the trip except for at the Travelers Storyteller Dinner, but that was a very special meal and night. One meal is enough to satiate two people, but it's so good you'll want more. Fries are really tasting and the fish is very high quality and perfectly cooked.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Heard great things about this chip truck. We attempted to go to the truck on 5 different occassions over four days and each time the truck was closed. More consistent hours are needed

Reviewed 21 July 2015

I go camping up in Tobermory every year and make a point to stop at DNA whenever I'm there. The fish is always fresh, coated with just the right amount of batter and cooked to perfection. The fries are also fresh cut and come out nice, hot and crispy, the way fries should be. The best addition to the meal is the scratch made tartar sauce, probably the best tartar I've had anywhere.

The native lady who runs the truck is always friendly, comes out to shoot the breeze while we wait for our food and always ensures that the meal is enjoyable.

For those who have posted that the "place" is dirty, the truck itself, while not pretty on the outside, is indeed clean and as for those who say it's fly infested, what do you expect... you're on the side of a road in a heavily forested reserve area; hardly the fault of the lady who runs the truck.

If you're up near Tobermory and a fan of fish and chips, DNA is about as good as it gets.

1  Thank Alex L
Reviewed 19 July 2015

This place is unassuming but makes fish and chips the right way. They buy fresh Georgian Bay Whitefish and batter it up and fry it fresh. You can tell it is not frozen from a box. First, because the shape of the fish is not that uniform 6 inch rectangle that many fish and chip shops sell. And second, they put a dash of seasoning in the batter. I couldn’t really taste the seasoning but I know it is their recipe when I see it. And the fries make the grade.

To me the DnA Chip Wagon makes fish and chips the way it should be made. That’s why after a day of fishing I went for dinner there. Check it out. I give it four thumbs up. Not that I have four thumbs but I thought it is a nice thing to say. It is located at the Lone Wolf Smoke Shop on Hwy 6 on the Bruce Peninsula.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

This is a little pink chip truck on the highway. Before hiking at the Bruce Peninsula National park, we went for lunch at this place are were pleasantly surprised at how good the food was for cheaper than downtown Tobermory