All reviews splash pad petting zoo premium cabin paddle boats ping pong outdoor gym pedal cars basketball court nice family exercise machines as stated in other reviews large sites fun things to do hard working family oriented place strict rules tent sites
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Came here a few times now. It's a nice enjoyable area with things to do for the kids without leaving the campsite. We got the premium cabins which includes shower and washroom. Super convenient with younger kids. The campground is very well maintained by the owner besides a few pot holes here and there.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank saw_mui717
TobermoryVillageCamp, Manager at Tobermory Village Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you've come and enjoyed the park and its amenities on several occasions! A fun family park is what we strive to provide and we're delighted that you enjoy it as such :)! We hope to welcome you back again sometime!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

There is only one negative I can think of. Our cabin had its own shower and toilet which was great! The sink, located outside the washroom sat above a small fridge and there was also a microwave. I would think that this is the sink you would use to wash your dishes etc. But it seems its the same sink people use to brush their teeth!! for me that is absolutely gross! I wish the sink was situated in the bathroom itself. Other than that, the grounds are beautiful. we went in September of 2016 so it was quiet and I loved it. I personally washed my dishes, fruits etc using a bucket of water outside the cabin. But it grossed me out each time I thought of this cute little kitchenette being used by many to brush their teeth in!

Room Tip: stay in the premium cabin
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blessed i
TobermoryVillageCamp, Manager at Tobermory Village Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after your visit! Yes, our cabins only have one sink as they are just camping cabins. Otherwise we are glad you enjoyed your visit! Thank you for coming and we hope you will visit again!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We were out of town guests looking to explore Tobermory for the first time. Looked into several camp grounds but loved what Tobermory Village had to offer especially once we read dog sitting available. Booked a 3 day stay at the camp ground, checked the area out once we arrived, everything was great except the pot holes along the road through out the village[very deep, large could use some filling in]. On our second day we wanted to do some sight seeing for a couple hours without our dog so we went to the office to go about putting him in their kennel facility. We were then notified that its self serve so no one is there taking care of the animals. Our dog weighs 80lbs and their kennels are about 4 feet long by 5 feet wide give or take with a small wooden dog house that could fit a French bull dog. There is no shade and our dog would have just sat there alone in the sun while we're gone. Needless to say we didn't get to sight see as much as we would have liked to, there was no way we could leave our dog in that type of accommodations for $30. We pay $23 at our local kennel where he is given attention, let out on a regular basis, and they even supply food if you do not have your own. Our weekend/stay was great park is beautiful but when it came to that we were very disappointed. Next year guess we leave the dog at home!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank comediankiki

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review after visiting. We're so glad you enjoyed the park itself and the amenities it has to offer. We're sorry you decided not to do much sight seeing though! Our kennels are 5' x 5', they do all have sun shades, and a dog house to fit most medium to large sized dogs. They are self serve as we do not advertise or offer "doggy camp". They are designed for short-term use simply as an amenity and a convenience to owners. They are not meant to replace dog kennel service providers. But aside from that, Tobermory is a very dog friendly town and you can easily explore many of the things Tobermory has to offer with your dog. You can even take your dog to Flowerpot Island and the Grotto! We hope you will return one day and visit the many beautiful sites in this area!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We chose to stay at Tobermory Village Campground because of its proximity to Tobermory about 10 minus away. The campground its self was very nice. The pool was not heated there fore it was cold. The paddle boat/canoe/kayak pond was a lot of fun. The petting zoo was fun my son enjoyed feeding the goats. We rented a peddle car to drive around was $10/hr for a single and $20/hr for a family vehicle. My son had a blast with it. Even though the pot holes made it difficult to drive in and pull my trailer in it was great for the peddle cars once they were full of water due to the rain. There were a couple parks in the campground but because of the rain most of the play spaces were either under water or covered in mud. The campground is radio free but we had a blue tooth speaker and kept our music reasonable and no one ever talked to us. The wifi worked when you were close to the activities hall but not so much further out. This didn't bother us as I would rather no wifi when camping if possible we only used it when planning our excursions. The bathrooms were exceptionally clean and the showers were nice but were 25 cents/2 minutes and our shower area couldn't be used on the last day as it is solar powered and clouds prevented that from working. All in all the campground was nice and had lots of amenities to keep me and my family busy. My only complaint would be the location of our campsite. There were many campsites available and in the end we were given a campsite at the bottom of two hills with no shade or tree cover (site 301). It almost seemed like this site was an afterthought. We stayed at this park for 3 nights and at one point our entire campsite was under water. When we arrived before we unpacked or unhooked I went back to reception and asked if we could have one of the other sites and was told no because they were booked and booked for a longer period then us through the weekend. I am a hotel manager and know that if you want to make it happen you can. The down side is you also cant request sites upon booking. In the end if I could chose the side I would like to stay on I would return. Seeing as it is a 4 hour drive to get there I don't really wanna leave my week of vacation up to chance. If the owners of this property changed a few things I believe they would get more return visitors and have more positive reviews. Unfortunately i believe this campground is family owned and it seemed every time I went to the reception area for something I was bothering them or interrupting them. Due to these things my family will not be returning to Tobermory Family campground.

Stayed: July 2017
1  Thank Philip L

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your visit this summer! We're so glad you found the park clean and with lots to do for the whole family. That is what we work hard to provide. As for the campsite location, we looked up your reservation and you booked in July for dates also in July. Our campsites get booked months in advance of the busy summer so leaving a booking until last minute does make it difficult with changing if everything is full. We don't know how things work in a hotel but imagine it is also hard to switch to another room when all rooms are full. You mentioned leaving your "week" up to chance. That indicates you would be spending a week and it is possible to request specific site numbers for reservations 7 nights in length or longer. In fact, lots of campers book their specific site for the same week every summer! But aside from the policies, you may not have liked site 301 and we are sorry that we were unable to find another available campsite. But some people really like site 301 and actually request it. Everyone has a different image if what their "perfect" site is and we always try to do our best with what we have available. We also understand that you were here when the peninsula was hit with several days of heavy rain and that of course changes the landscape too compared to nice hot sunshiny weather. Thank you again for visiting!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

So I have to start by saying the 3 days we were at the camp ground it poured rain. The check in was fine and the store seems to have lots to offer. My first complaint would be they need to fill in the potholes. Very hard on the vehicles and trailers. We were given site 72. Our trailer isn't huge just 25 feet but we were concerned we wouldn't fit into our site. The slide out was right into the trees and our awning was right into the trees on the other side. Not very wide. It was also very wet and muddy as there is very little grass and not cement or gravel. There are so many trees it was very shaded so never dried out when the rain stopped. The back part of the campground as more open sites and bigger but then you aren't as close to everything. Our site did have all hookup which was nice. The only problem with the sewer is the pipe are high so we had to keep lifting our hose to get it to drain. When people came in on both sides we thought they were right inside our trailer with us. So close we could hear everything.

Now the positive. The bathrooms were very clean and they had lots of showers. in the front part of the park there are two bath/toilet buildings while at the back where there are more tenters and where the bigger sites are there was one big one that looks brand new. The little pond at the back had some outside fitness "machines" that I tried and they were a good workout but due to the rain I couldn't go back. If you go up to the store to buy firewood they delivered it right to your site which was nice. We could only have a fire the first night as it rained the next two evenings. The cabins looks really nice and perfect for anyone that doesn't have a trailer and doesn't like tents.

There is a no music rule which I guess makes sense but then all we heard were the little go cart bikes you could rent skidding what gravel there was on the roads. That kind of got on my nerves. They also have a no noise after 11 which friends of our said just before 11 their neighbors were told to be quiet. Our first night there the kids were out running around until well after 11 yet nothing was said to them.

There is a pond at the front with paddle boats but we couldn't go near the pond as there are sign saying no dogs at pond so we couldn't go,

Apparently there are dog kennels which we were going to use but again with the rain we couldn't go anywhere anyways. The golf course across the highway lets you take your take golfing and onto the patio which we were going to do had we been able to golf. At least they seems to be dog friendly over there.

All in all it was an okay experience and maybe had it been nicer weather we would've like it better. It was just damp, muddy and miserable.

We will probably give it another try.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
TobermoryVillageCamp, Manager at Tobermory Village Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your recent visit. We're sorry to hear you weren't totally satisfied with your campsite. You don't mention having asked to switch so not sure if you did or not but we always try our best to find you a site that you are happy with. We can understand the trees blocking the little bit of sun was probably not so welcome but on the sunny days campers sure love the large trees. We hear you about the rain. It's a blessing for sure but does complicate camping! It was so much rain, in fact, that some sites were closed due to flooding! Everything was wet and muddy! But the sun has come back out, things have dried up, and we've been having some gorgeous summer weather this week! As for the rules, quiet time doesn't begin until 11 PM. If something was mentioned to someone before then it would have been about something else. Perhaps about music because we have a music free policy all day and night. Overall, we are glad you had no major complaints and would visit us again! Thank you again for visiting!