“Tastes good and filling.”

Lonewolf Drive Thru
Ranked #18 of 23 Restaurants in Tobermory
Reviewed 27 August 2017

A local recommended we try the fish and chips at the Lone Wolf. I was a bit skeptical at first because I'm not really into deep fried food. I figure that if I'm going to eat deep fried food, it should taste good so it makes it all worth doing.
Much to my surprise - it was really, really good. The fish was fresh and dense. The fries were hand made. The slaw was not too saucy. We enjoyed it so much that we ate there twice within a few days. We were told by the young lady working there that her father catches the fish that day.
My husband and I shared a fish dinner because it's so big!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Was heading home on Sunday evening and thought I should grab a bite before the open road. When I went past Lonewolf I turned around and grabbed the fish and chips. It was fine, although the fish was Lake trout which isn't that common with fish and chips. I thought the piece of fish was a bit small.

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

Mmm...freshly caught meaty and flaky Georgian Bay whitefish in a light, crispy, and nicely seasoned batter! What could be better? Tasty coleslaw and tartar sauce compliment the fish, and fresh crispy chips round it all out.

Friendly staff, fast service, and a convenient stop as we left a rainy Tobermory.

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

They were out of fish so my daughter and i settled for an order of chicken fingers and poutine. We waited 53 minutes to have rock hard chicken and soggy cold poutine!
Will NEVER return.

1  Thank kelly h
Reviewed 24 May 2017

The staff at the motel mentioned this place and told us that locals drive out to this place (15-20 minutes drive from Tobermory one way) for fish and chips. So we had to go and try it! The place was not busy (one other customer in front of us). We bought only one portion of fish and chips ( to try it out). It comes with a lemon wedge, one small container with tartar sauce and another one with coleslaw salad. It was a split vote: 2 of us liked it and 2 of us not so much. It was a good size for a lunch or dinner, however way too greasy for our taste. We did not stop again even though we passed by it a couple of times. I am not sure I quite undertsand what it's so special about it.

1  Thank ragga_ragga_cuba