All reviews using local ingredients wedding reception four poster bed amazing wedding wedding breakfast exposed beams homemade biscuits big shower evening reception country house roast beef birthday party wedding venue would highly recommend this hotel very comfortable room beautiful building slept really well
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

After a long 4 hour drive I arrived at the hotel. I entered one of the front doors but couldn’t find reception straight away as there isn’t one. I was greeted (in a loose sense) by a lady who wasn’t particularly welcoming nor helpful. There are no lifts and there was no offer of help with my luggage - I had my handbag, laptop bag, coat and suitcase which I had to lug upstairs on my own, even though she was showing me to my room. It was all a bit awkward to be honest.

I wasn’t given any info by her on timings for breakfast, where the restaurant was etc.

The room itself was very outdated, and not in a “in keeping with the building” kind of way. The TV was very small, the tub chairs and curtains needed a good clean/ replacing entirely.

Dinner was nice, the food was actually really good although I was served by the same lady who ‘greeted’ me earlier and she was very functional again, I wasn’t asked once how my food was, wasn’t offered another drink etc.

In terms of sleep quality, as an older building, you could hear everything your neighbours did, even down to using the toilet which was lovely...! Luckily I had earplugs.

The lady who served me at breakfast was lovely. Very friendly and welcoming. I asked for a veggie breakfast which was accommodated even though the veggie sausages were hard as rocks, I couldn’t even bite through them. Rest of the food was very good though.

Based on my experience this isn’t a luxury hotel but it certainly could be with a few updates.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We know this hotel well as it has hosted many family events over the last 35 years. It has never failed to deliver a wonderful experience for us be it a family gathering of 30 or dinner for 2. Thus it was an easy choice to spend my birthday at the Stower Grange. Very comfortable room and one of the most delicious breakfasts I have had for many a day using local ingredients served up in a beautiful room looking out onto the garden full of autumnal colours.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrmuir2017
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Excellent afternoon tea in such a lovely setting. Wonderful room with great service. Staff were pleasant and very accommodating. Afternoon tea was fresh and delicious with warm scones which was a nice touch. Tea was plentiful and very good with water on the table and coffee for those who wasted it. Good all round afternoon. Will go back again in the future.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this quaint hotel, along with our pet dog Dave. The hotel & room was charming however not as clean as I would of Liked.. That’s the only negative I could give !!! The staff and the management were delightful and most helpful... it’s just 5 miles away from the city centre so it’s quite central for all your needs!!! Well worth a visit!!!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018

We arrived to a really warm welcome for our one night stay, the staff were amazing very friendly and helpful, we stayed in Rosemary and the room was really warm and clean really well presented and nothing was too much trouble, they welcomed our dog Baxter and he could have come with us to the bar while we had our meal if we had wanted.
We had a light meal in the bar as we arrived late but it was superbly presented. Breakfast was really good a reasonable selection of fruit & cereals etc and a good cooked to order full breakfast and good hot toast. Would really recommend the hotel grand old building with lovely garden, good food and warm clean room. The staff are really friendly and give a 4/5 star service thank you.

Room tip: Very dog friendly.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
stowergrange, Owner at Stower Grange, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank you very much for your great comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and maybe you will think of again when you next visit Norfolk.
As always it was particularly good to meet your dog and Baxter is also welcome back any time.
Richard & Jane Fannon and The Team at Stower Grange