“Best food in the area carvery or bar Meals recently”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Drayton
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 14
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Recently visited last week had a fantastic mix grill mixed grill with all the trimmings could eat every bit tonight will try there fantastic carvery again just asked for an extra plate to put your Yorkshire pudding on get more veg on your plate lol

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Red Lion

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We went here today 17th August 2017 at 5,30pm for my 50th birthday meal with my wife and was hoping for a nice peaceful meal, well that was the plan anyway, well that went belly up 2 minutes after sitting down, my wife was trying to talk to me but I could hear her over the noise from screaming uncontrolled kids further down the restaurant, their parents were obviously totally oblivious to their kids making any such noise, restaurants are for eating in not a playground for every unruly kid. totally ruined my birthday meal. might as well had my meal in the school dining hall it would of been a lot quieter.

3  Thank Peter F
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I really enjoyed my steak meal in this pub, I really like that I could pick everything I wanted separately and was also able to add extras. wonderful atmosphere very relaxing

Reviewed 9 August 2017

When I lived in Norwich, I used to visit here often, and recently came back to see if it is still as good. The carvery is awesome, with three main roasts (you can have a bit of all three if you want), and a sumptuous array of vegetables, Yorkshire puds, stuffing, etc.

There is also a tasty menu available, with good meals and desserts, etc. However, for me it has to be the Carvery every time. My only worry is that I can't help myself and have too much for the good of my waistline.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

After finishing work i decided to head to the pub to watch the football as the season had just started. After spending a few nice summers days enjoying the beer garden and some pub grub earlier in the summer and after seeing several advertisements that the pub does indeed show sport i selected this venue to watch the late kickoff game for the begining of the championship season. I walked in to discover the news on instead of the football.No problem i thought thats not uncommon so i ordered some drinks and kindly requested if they could put the football on Only to be told they didnt show sport in the pub!!! strange i thought as i had just walked past 3 rather obvious signs that stated otherwise.She must be new i thought and i asked another member of staff who shrugged at me walked in the back for 2 seconds and stood by a lady who had either just come back from the school run or was a very busy(talking to regulars) manager.
I went and sat at a table that had watch all sport here and all the big sport shown here whilst staff members gestured towards my table. After finishing my drink and not wanting to disurb the bar staff from the conversation to make my request again i left and went to another pub that advertised they showed sports and here's the kicker... they actually did.