“Waiting staff were polite, food ok, added extra on the bill!”
Review of The Red Lion

The Red Lion
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Drayton
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 14
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Last night, looking for a local place to where we were for the day and got recommend this.
Roast dinner available or order from menu.

I chose grilled chicken salad and sweet potatoes and salad, which the chicken was very dry. It was ok.

Kids had kids meal, we also had a plate of calamari for starters and my daughter there were really good.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Red Lion

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

Ate at the red lion today and I had the chicken and I really did not enjoy it I had to have a drink at the same time to not taste... disgusting also had chips with it and they were heavenly
Would go here again but not order the chicken

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

In my opinion the Red Lion serves the best carvery in the area, always find the staff cheerful, this time the beef was pink, just how I like it, I know this can put people off, but it was delicious, as regards to the veg everything was good, especially the gravey.
Would recommend.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Visit for grandmother and friends was a complete disaster. Got there fairly late for lunch and had to seek out staff to serve us

Food was abysmal - potatoes were black and horrible. Meat was tough and chewy. All the food was basically cold and inedible

My grandmother informed the (red faced) waiter that the food was basically inedible to which the response was "you're the only ones to have complained". Great customer service - not!!

Avoid this place.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Had a carvery, good friendly staff, good selection of drinks. Carvery was very good, gravy to die for but unfortunately the roast potatoes were a let down. It seems they were part roasted then put in a deep fat fryer. Not a bad idea but mine were undercooked to the point I tasted the earthiness!
Sort that out and we'll be back...