We enjoyed a wonderful stay with our daughters aged 11 and 14. On the plus side:
* lovely location - great beach spots and a protected bay for sailing and watersports
* superb accommodation - Our interleading suites were beautiful and spacious
* service - never lacking, anywhere on the resort. not a hitch all the way from our welcome at the airport to the drinks service at the beaches to room cleaning and beyond
* food - great variety, something for everyone, and lots of it
* GO's - So friendly and welcoming
* sport and activity - lots of opportunities to 'play' for kids and adults. Particular thanks to the awesome sports team.
* zen/quiet pool area - nice to have this as a relaxing alternative
* treated so well for our special occasions being celebrated
* evening entertainment - nice variety
The only real room for improvement needed is the coffee. The quality and heat were are not consistent from one bar/restaurant area to the next. lukewarm and/or weak coffee can make a person sad on holiday. The Zen bar is in the lead at the moment.
The children elected not to do too much with the teen club as there wasn't much English being spoken at the time (Most teen clubbers were French) but they had more than enough to entertain them nonetheless and were always included if they wanted to be.
This was a truly relaxing holiday and a resort experience we would truly recommend. Well done Aziz and team
(Flies did make their appearance as mentioned in other reviews - The only time its a problem is when they get close to the food - Hence the one less star for cleanliness - Maybe fans would help?)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The west coast of Mauritius is a unique setting, between majestic mountains and a shore that's washed by crystal waters and protected by a coral reef. These natural surroundings are home to Albion, our new Club Med Village devoted to Epicurean delights. The 21-hectare park is planted with rare trees, and opens onto a bay lined by a white sand beach. Lovers will adore the generous spaces and the sunsets, as well as the chance to try all the sports and keep fit to their heart's content. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Plantation d`Albion Hotel Albion
- Club Med Albion
- Albion Club Med
- Club Med La Plantation D'Albion Mauritius