“Not the best”
Review of De Maatschappij

De Maatschappij
Reserve with
De Maatschappij is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 178 Restaurants in Scheveningen
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

It may be a convenience meatball. Does not taste good, cause it is not fresh meat or bad fresh meat.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is located in the old town and is very cosy.
They serve local and global beers, beside ciders and food, because it is a restaurant as well.
Many locals were there for drinks which made the place happy for someone traveling alone.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner with 3 kids. I was worried a bit when we walked in because we entered through the bar side in error. The restaurant was nice and casual. Food was good and the kids meals were well received and nicely done. Burgers are good, and we had a catch of the day fish that was good. Fish sandwich was mediocre, small piece of fish, too much breading and too big of a bun for the fish.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This place is absolutely amazing. Friendliest staff I’ve ever met. We had a four course menu for 25 € each (vegetarian for me) and it was super delish. The dessert was fantastic! This restaurant is t h e place to be. :-) Thank you for a wonderful evening!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I have been here with a group of 6 on a Monday spontaneously, as we didn't find a lot of other restaurants that were open. We had different burgers, which we liked a lot. Especially the December burger with red wine sauce was very nice! Absolute recommendation! The plain burgers cost 8,50. You pay 12,50 if it comes with fries and a small salad. What I didn't like was that you needed to pay 1 euro extra for majonnaise or ketchup. Should be included!
The salad is not to recommend as I got told from people that have been joining me the second time I've been here.

The atmosphere is nice and there is a variety of different beers you can order.

Service is friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: December 2017