“My new favourite place!”
Review of De Dis

De Dis
Reserve with
De Dis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 178 Restaurants in Scheveningen
Price range: US$ 51 - US$ 99
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small restaurant in the hart of scheveningen. Culinairy heaven is what try to accomplish every evening for our guests.
Reviewed 5 October 2018

My husband and I chose to celebrate our wedding anniversary here because the reviews were so good. We made an excellent choice!
Firstly, the food is excellent. Inventive, delicious, interesting and luxurious.
Secondly, the wine pairing was so well thought-out and really exciting! The glasses were filled generously and every selection complemented the food beautifully.
We were introduced to the idea of serving armagnac with soup, rather than wine. Our armagnac was warmed for us and was a revelation with the lobster bisque - honestly, we were in raptures!!
The environment is cozy, inviting and comfortable and the hosts are just the loveliest couple, who are quite clearly passionate about their restaurant and their work.
We really wanted to spend our anniversary in a place that combined excellent food that felt like a real treat, with a relaxed environment in which we could lose track of time. I honestly don't think we could have gone anywhere better.
I feel so privileged that we know about this restaurant and we will definitely return for future special occasions.
I should also mention that I am a pescatarian, we mentioned this when we made our reservation and it wasn't necessary to mention it again - everything was prepared for me, without any fuss and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything!
Thank you for a wonderful night!

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

You got to experience this place. Chef owned. Amazing! Pride of ownership and cooking is so evident! Thanks

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

An excellent experience for those who like to be surprised with flavors for a very reasonable price. The food and the wine always match, and they serve 4 to 6 courses.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

A fantastic place, small and cosey. Excellent, passionate service and food prepared to give the best taste sensation. We had 6 courses starting with fish, had duckbreast as the main course and finished with cheese. All with specially selected wines, a real experience.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Had a fabulous meal here Sunday evening with our son celebrating his 21st. Faultless. Very tasty, good service and we'll presented. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: November 2017