“Hmm”

Ranked #76 of 178 Restaurants in Scheveningen
Price range: US$ 18 - US$ 36
Cuisines: Barbecue, European, Diner
Good for: Groups
Description: Restaurant op het strand, voor ontbijt, lunch en diner. Wij verzorgen ook barbecue arrangementen voor groepen vanaf 10 personen. Uitermate geschikt voor vrijgezellen feestje, bedrijfsuitje, bruiloft, of ander feest. Gelegen aan de nieuwe boulevard van Scheveningen.Kom langs en geniet van de gezellige sfeer op EscuBelle.
Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

Great location. Service although was slow, unkind, and I felt as if I wasn’t the main priority of the staff. If you are walking by, keep walking

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is located in the middle of Scheveningen beach with a nice seating area outside. It has even few tables on the beach itself with a view on the sea.

The menue has diverse dishes from burgers and steaks to sandwiches and seafood. We tried the burger, fish and ships as well as the mushrooms toast. They were all average in taste and quality. The fries is not home-made ( just the normal frozen one), and the service was Ok.

Overall, the prices are a bit high compared to the quality, but it is often the case in Scheveningen. It was good for a change

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We went to Escubelle on a day that looked like it was going to rain and then changed its mind. Beautiful skies with heavy, dark clouds and a magnificent view over the beach and sea. We had a decent white wine, cooked mussels and fries. Salade and sauces included. Prompt service, softly spoken. Good coffee. We enjoyed our meal. One of the advantages of this beach restaurant is that it is in a slightly calmer part of the beach. Music, in the background, was ok.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

staff were friendly, kind even. service was prompt, the apple pie we requested was made avaiable even in the hectic time we were there, we were provided with blankets and permission to move the furniture so we could view the fireworks show. On the whole a bright pleasant experience, at great prices considering locale !

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came to this restaurant during the International fireworks festival in Scheveningen.
Before we sat down we were told we had to leave in two hours because of rotation. After that they brought us a different menu because of the fireworks festival. Ordering took quite some time and the people that came just after us, had to wait for their hamburgers to be served for about an hour! Communication between staff was not good and some of the staff were clumsy.
The Tournedos was perfect. Unfortunately the fries were overcooked and hard. I had a load of fries on my plate that I could not finish all.
I asked the waitress about a good wine with the steak. She said they only serve Merlot and Sauvignon Cabernet. I chose the cab sauv. I was served in a tiny glass. Even the glass for white wine was bigger.
The price for the food quality and service level was too high. I was not impressed.