“Outstanding Experience”

Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Homely atmosphere, friendly service, wide choice of a la carte and daily specials, good choice of beers. This place never lets you down. My T-bone was cooked to perfection and our group of seven left feeling very full and satisfied.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

We had heard good things about this pub and a group of us decided to try it out. First of all, on a positive note the starters were good and went down very well. I tried the pumpkin soup which I really enjoyed, whilst others tried the scallops which again were well received. The problem was with the main course. Some of us had the Sunday lunch including myself. The potatoes were a little hard, the Yorkshire pudding was warm on top but cold at the bottom and the whole meal was a little dry. It might have be better. To serve the gravy separately as this could be down to individual tastes. I should say that the meat served was on the whole good. Others had chicken which was not cooked well. The staff were pleasant and dealt with the concerns well but the evening was spoiled by the quality of the food. Others that had been there before, spoke highly of this place so hopefully our experience was just a one off.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Dogface123
Reviewed 29 September 2018

Went in as heard good reviews from friends and we wasn't disappointed. The food was presented lovely and the plates were hot which doesn't bother me but my partner always wants her food on a hot plate. The starter was delicious and so was the main. If I had to gripe ! which I don't need to it would be we both ordered well done but only one main came well done and the other was medium however, having said that it all was eaten and tasted amazing.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Friendly pub, nice beer selection in a building full of character. The menu is excellent, large portions and good value. Recommend booking as it gets busy, which says it all to be fair.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank reveclipse
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit to this pub to which we had heard good things.
The staff could not cope. We had to chase up to order a desert waited nearly half an hour for the main course. Eventually got our carafe of water
I had the sunday dinner it was 6pm and the yorkshire pudding was obviously not fresh and the roast potatoes were tough. Very scant on the vegetables too. My partner was happy with her vegan choice.
We were told that the owners were on holiday thats why service was slow!!!
Despite that wont be returning.
The stubbings wharf in Hebden a far better option

Date of visit: September 2018