Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews root bridge the double decker the owner new building small village deluxe rooms guwahati airport stayed for two nights sight seeing live music memorable stay home away from home beautiful location guide trek bangladesh cherrapunjee
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 January 2021

The road to the resort is horrible (almost 30kms). We struggled to get to the resort that too late in the night it’s an isolated area. We booked premium rooms, the rooms are totally different from the one promised in pictures. The director(an old man) was very rude towards us he was going to hit me when we complained about the services. Food was bad in taste. Overall, bad bad experience. We had to immediately vacate and look for an alternative. Don’t book if you want a hassle free stay.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gaurav123567
Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort, Owner at Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2021

Dear Mr. Gaurav, I learnt that you had written a review wherein you claimed that the Director an old man was very rude and was going to hit you when you complained about the services almost immediately after you had posted it. I wanted to allow time to pass before replying to your allegation and to the review.
1. The distance between Cherrapunjee town and the Resort located in Village Laitkynsew is 15 kms. We had built this Resort in this village specifically to help generate employment to our rural youth 21 years back. The condition of road had deteriorated over a period of time. We had made representations to the PWD Minister and Dy. Chief Minister of Meghalaya along with the heads of 8 villages that are connected by this road in January 2020. He had assured to get the road relaid before the monsoon rains set in, by April 2020. With the lockdown caused by the Corono Pandemic in March 2020 the focus of the government got shifted elsewhere and the approach road became very bad. We represented again to the Secretary, PWD Roads in December 2020 who assured to get the work done. They have now completed laying the approach road and it is a very pleasant experience to drive this approach road. As the rains start, one can enjoy the sight of about 3 dozen waterfalls enroute to the Resort and enjoy the magnificient views of the valley, the cotton puffs of clouds lazily floating through the valley and the plains of Bangladesh.
2. Our Laitkynsew village was for centuries the gateway to the Khasi hills and people having business with the plains and Calcutta (Kolkata) went through this village to the rivers at the foot hills and used the rivers as the highways to these places in the plains. Trading of iron ore smelted in Cherrapunjee was taken through our village to the Sylhet plains of Bengal. The British came to Khasi hills in 1830s through our village and established their headquarters for the area in Cherrapunjee. They built the Pony trail connecting the Sylhet Plains and the Assam Valley through our village in 1826-1828. After our nation's Independence in 1947 the trade across the border to East Pakistan was curtailed and after the formation of Bangladesh in 1971 the borders were closed to prevent immigration. The educated from our once prosperous village that received education even before Shillong, migrated to Shillong the present State Capital seeking better prospects. It was our endeavour to bring back the market to this area through the setting up of the Resort, so that our rural youth can aspire to employment opportunites in their village itself and can generate self employment opportunities for themselves.
3. I was not at the Resort when you had checked in. When I returned to the Resort in the evening, I got report from our staff about your complaining about the Road and the remoteness of the Resort.
4. After sometime after my return, your daughter came and complained to the Reception Staff that the Premium Room was not up to their expectation. On hearing her loud protestations, I went myself to the Reception counter, I told her that we had provided what best we could and if she is not satisfied, she may vacate the room and find some other place to her liking. For that, she retorted, 'Am I talking to you? You shut up.' Her rude behaviour which was very unbecoming of an young lady shocked all who were around including other guests and the staff of the Resort. Impulsively, I retorted "You shut up and don't shout." Her voice became louder and her rantings more unbecoming. I realised that it was no use to talk to such an unreasonable person and chose to remain quiet despite her provocative talk. I am surprised that you now allege that I was going to hit you. I can not reply to such false allegation because I never even interacted with you. I advised my staff, that in case, you wish to leave, you may be allowed to vacate without any payment. I retracted from the scene for better sense to prevail. I was also away from the Resort on the next day morning to arrange for the sending of people from the village for training at Institute of Hotel Management in Shillong, when you were checking out. In the Review, you are saying that you had to immediately vacate and look for an alternative. The truth is that, you had stayed overnight, had your dinner at night and breakfast in the morning before you left the Resort.
5. Premium Rooms are priced at Rs.6500/- and come along with complimentary good quality sumptuous Buffet Vegetarian Dinner and Buffet Breakfast with a good spread. After the Lockdown, to help rebuild the flow we made Special Offers and offered Rooms on European Plan - only accommodation (December 2020, January 2021). Premium Room was offered at Rs.3400/- much below its actual price. Food was provided as per the order of the guests. Food provided is of good quality and is prepared hygenically.
6. We thank you for your Review and Star Rating. We are sorry that you we could not stand up to your expectations. It is our desire to provide the best possible amentities within our means and in accordance with the Room Tariff and the best of services to make the holidays of the guests pleasant and comfortable. We do not have the inclination or time to pick up quarrels. I did not respond to you immediately, so that you may have the satisfaction of whatever you wanted, to write such a review or make blatantly false allegation against me. Perhaps, you wanted us to lose business or reputation. By giving time, we wanted your desire to be satiated.

Reviewed 21 December 2020

Wonderful place to eat and relax. Food was good and service was excellent. The view from the restaurant was spectacular not to forget the amazing clifftop pool. Staff was well spoken. Will make sure I visit again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne061120

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your Four Star Rating and Review. What baffles me is the view from the amazing clifftop pool. We do not have any pool. Hope you have not written the review meaning for someother place.

Reviewed 8 October 2020

We visited this resort in the month of May. I'm an avid traveler and from South of India. Without a doubt the hospitality we enjoyed at the resort is the BEST we have ever hard. The staff is all women and very courteous despite many questions you have about the sight seeing options. The walk down the resort into the Lainkyntsew village is very charming.. interacting with the small children and family was very pleasing. The village also has a primary health care center which is well maintained with quality staff. The view in front of the resort and from the Rooms is awe-inspiring to see the valley. Please go for the deluxe rooms on the top floor for best view.
The kitchen in the resort serve very delicious vegetarian food including South Indian and any made to order. The owner of the resort stays in the same place and that shows their commitment to providing the best hospitality and service. They go to any extend 24-hour to make you feel better.
Please dont miss the walk around the property and in the village down the resort. They can also arrange for a pick up from Guwahati airport if needed.

Room tip: Deluxe rooms
Date of stay: May 2020

Dear Ms.Bala, Thank you very much for your Five Star Rating and detailed Review. We appreciate it much. You have indeed taken time off to share your experience at our place. We feel greatly rewarded when the guests are satisfied and happy with their stay at our place. Your Reviews help us to fine tune our services and take steps for improvement. We wish you both Good Health and Safety in this Pandemic times. When it is safe to travel again, you are welcome to come and rejuvenate yourself to beat the corona fatigue in the Lap of Nature. Thanks a Million.

Reviewed 18 March 2020 via mobile

I and my friend visited this resort on 11&12 March. It was my second trip to cherrapunje and second visit to this resort. Though previously it was more beautiful according to my feeling but now it has developed more with new building and annexe building. But the rooms are decent,very clean, spacious, staff very cordial and owner also very friendly. The ambience is still the same, the buffet breakfast and dinner is really wholesome and I liked a lot. You get to taste local pineapple and mulberry juice . Overall it's a grand experience and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there. I stayed in a standard double bed room. One should not leave the opportunity to stay here once you are in cherrapunje.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank SumanaM34
chresort, Owner at Cherrapunjee Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2020

Dear Madam, We are so happy that you chose to stay with us for the second time. As the demand for stay with us has been growing, instead of declining guest requests for stay, we have been adding accommodation. The new rooms are furnished more and more better every time as we add buildings, more sit out area is created to enjoy the hill top view of the valley, the waterfalls, the river and the plains of Bangladesh and courtyard and garden is being developed for better enjoyment of the place. We added Buffet Breakfast and Buffet Dinner so that we can serve sumptuous and delicious meals to our guests. The new rooms that are getting ready will be having large valley view windows from where one can see the scenic beauty of the valley as the clouds float through the valley and waterfalls streak the hill sides. We are coming up with a 360 degree view point at the very top of the new building.

We enjoy serving our guests with the warmth of our guests, so that you always go with pleasant memories of your stay with us.

Thanks a Million for your review.

Denis P.Rayen

Reviewed 27 February 2020

The choice of staying here was made by a friend. IT certainly turned out to be a great choice, We were a group of old friends and we could not have asked for a better experience. We were greeted by the friendly staff on arrival and they were very attentive to all our need. In fact some electric points were not working in the room allotted to me and I was upgraded to an other room till the next day when the resort had things back in Order.
the rooms are quite basic but clean and neat. the food was very good, like home food and had a wide variety. The Evening bonfires were a great place to chat around. .All in all a great place and cheers to Mr. Dennis for his exceptional hospitality.

Date of stay: February 2020

Dear Sir,
Thanks for your review. We are glad that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry for the inconvenience on the first day as the micro circuit breaker was tripping when you wanted to use the electric kettle and one of the power points was not working. We had started with Standard and Deluxe Rooms which are basic. Our Executive and Premium Rooms are better furnished. The new Valley View facing rooms will be still better appointed.

We are happy that you had enjoyed our food. They are prepared by home makers and does not upset one's stomach especially when guests stay with us for many days.

We shall look forward to be of service to you and to other members of your family and to your friends circle.

Thanks for your review. We appreciate it.

Denis P.Rayen