Lowest prices for your stay
US$ 63
View deal
Free cancellation until 09/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Agoda.com
Expedia.comUS$ 63
All reviews railway station mini fridge tea coffee maker complimentary breakfast hotel premises
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2019 via mobile

I was on a one day visit to Gwalior and my train reached there at 8 pm. I was not in a mood to explore a lot of hotels and opted to look for the nearest one which happened to be Hotel Ambience just besides the exit of the railway station. Location is most convenient. I could see some parking area outside and lots of seating area at the reception. They have good functional lift in the building.

I saw the executive and exective deluxe category of rooms and found both of them to be OK. The rooms had a comfortable double bed, AC, tea/ coffe kettle, bathroom with toiletries, two chairs and a table, cupboard, mini fridge etc. My room overlooked the road and during the night some traafic noise did disturb me. There was a slight moldy smell in the room, but otherwise the room was comfortable. All things were functional in the room. The shower curtain in the bathroom had patches of mold.

The items in the restaurant are costly. Refer some pics of their menu which I have uploaded. I ordered chicken sweet corn soup for Rs 150 and the quantity was too less. Their restaurant is on ground floor and seating arrangement is nice. Buffet breakfast was average. They had idli, sambar, upma, poori, Alok subzi, cornflakes, milk, bread toast, butter, jam, cut fruits (water melon and pineapple), boiled vegetables etc. Staff was courteous.

Although thei tariff chart gave a price of Rs 3000 for executive room (inclusive of breakfast) plus taxes, the receptionist gave a discount of Rs 500. However I booked the room online through make my trip at an even cheaper rate at less than 2200 (inclusive of taxes).

In my opinion, if you are on a short visit to the city and don't have time/ inclination to explore options, you can easily go for this hotel

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
shubham pandey, Revenue Management at Ambience Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2021

Dear Guest, Greetings! We would like to thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay with us! It is very important for us to know that you are satisfied with the time you spent in our hotel. I assure you that it motivates us to improve our standards and all services we provide. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 28 July 2019

The hotel is just at a few steps from the Gwalior Railway station. Welcome and the check in was quite smooth even though I reached a bit earlier than 12noon. Had a fear that there would noise from the railway station so choose to take a room on the other side and at a higher floor. I was offered 2 rooms to choose from and found both to be almost the same and selected the first one. As learnt the room was of the higher category as booked through the MakeMyTrip site. Room was satisfying, good sized for a couple, cosy bed and practical furniture. Enjoyed the sofa available in the room. Bathroom was also good with all necessary toiletries. The coffee and tea collection at offer in the room can be a bit improved by adding green tea sachets and sugar free. Specially liked that the reservation desk provided me with a late check out on request though with a minimal charge.
The complimentary breakfast at offer had some decent choices and I liked what was offered specially the Dosa and Paratha. Also had food for dinner and that too was very well prepared and served. Enjoyed the dinner more in the restaurant than having it in-room.
There was some noise from the road entering the room all during my stay which was a bit disturbing else I would have been tempted to provide an excellent.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank O2AS

Dear Guest , It was a pleasure serving you. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and being so open with us.I'm glad you are satisfied with your stay with us. We hope you'll come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2019 via mobile

I had stayed for two days in this hotel from 3rd to 5th of this month.
Location is just beside Railway station hence nuisance in night of railway horn
My room was 114 has very limited connectivity.
Initially i was alloted room no 102 but the floor was very dirty hence i changed the room but the other was also little bit better.
Food quantity is good but price is high.
Overall service is soso.
Only restaurant staff was efficient.

Ajay Sohani

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2019

Hotel Ambience is a good hotel to spend few days in Gwalior city.One can reach here easily.It is situated near railway station. It has all varities of rooms such as Executive Deluxe Rooms,A Multi-Cuisine Restaurant serving Indian, Chinese, Mughlai and Continental Food,A casual dining Food court Serving Chat, south Indian, Chinese and all types of fast food etc.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2018

I Was Stay In Room No. 311 On 25th november-2018 for Marriage of ( Vikas & Gunjan ) In Same Hotel during the stay i called to F&B Department And Front Desk Also For Drinking Water to Take for medicine for my father a called 4-5 times in 30 minute but nobody come in my room after 30 minute and i take bath then i called again for drinking water then a waiter come with drinking water and same day in evening i called to reception for shaving kit reception staff replied me shaving kit will be chargeable in map plan i told him shaving kit is complimentary in every hotel i'm also hotel manager in delhi how can you react with me and how can you treat in rude language that F/o Staff was i think mr. ankit i'm not confirmed who was F/o Staff on that day me many person of marriage in our group take shaving kit from you. he told very rude language we cant give you complimentary shaving kit so that was very very very poor stay i'll never recommending to my nears and dears to check in in ambiance hotel gwalior

Regards