Travelled to Gwalior on a business trip (Malanpur). Usha Kiran was recommended by a cousin who studied at Scindia School. The property itself is part of the palace of the Scindia family, now managed by the Taj Group. The rooms are huge, bigger than Presidential Suites in most other 5 star properties. The swimming pool is also very nice shrouded by trees.
The food was very good indeed. The Scindia Royal family is known for Maharashtrian and Nepali cuisine - both were delectable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Usha Kiran Palace has played host to the King of England and is now a heritage hotel. Set amidst 9 acres of beautifully landscaped lawns, this 120 year old regal palace, rich in history, is outfitted with artistic stone carvings and delicate filigree work. Conveniently located, the hotel has 40 beautiful rooms including Villas with private pool and suites, a dining room truly reminiscent of royalty, a Bar and the award winning Jiva Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, ClearTrip, DerbySoftTaj and HotelQuickly so you can book your Usha Kiran Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Usha Kiran Palace Gwalior
- Usha Kiran Palace Hotel Gwalior