All reviews small hotel dinner service amazing chef tapioca restaurant area beautiful hotel living room ocean view feel at home fruit cakes juliana brazil itinerary bahia beaches vibe
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I would like to start with all the positives aspects I could observe during my stay at Barracuda:
1 - The staff: dedicated, organized, friendly, helpful, extremely professional. I would say they are the best part of Barracuda. Some examples: the place is always (I mean, always) spotless - every sofa, pillow, carpet, book, glass - exactly where it should be. More, the staff make you feel at home, so much so, during my second day I was comfortable enough to read my books in the lobby, with sandals (perfect). During dinner service was among the top I was ever provided - again - all the staff extremely professional, friendly, ready to suggest options and fully engaged to make your stay the most pleasant experience possible (great). Breakfast it was the show inside the show. Dê and Gil were kind, friendly and professional as much as the other stuff but I felt they put a special plus in it: passion and heart - so a special mention to them is certainly due. I just loved them.
2 - Design and attention to detail: from the fully open kitchen to the music selection, everything is awesome and well balanced. I felt there was nothing "out of tune". What I particularly loved was the maniacal attention to detail: the room paper toilette sealed with a small gold adhesive (that was a first to me), the available Swedish cosine books on the tables next to the sofa...in short, everything perfect.
3 - Location: I would say you have 2 top options in Itacaré - Barracuda and Txai. It would be unfair to compare a resort with a pousada but here is the thing Txai is far as hell (20km?) from the city center. If you want to explore the restaurant options and some (limited but cheerful) night activity Itacare has to offer, you are in a much better position at Barracuda in comparison to Txai,
So, after all this good characteristics, why didn't Barracuda earn the maximum mark in my review? Because of the following 3 issues, 2 of which l think can be easily mitigated by management:
1 - 1st floor rooms: remember the open kitchen I mentioned above? It is unique, sure. It is beautiful, no doubts about it but at night it supports a restaurant which offers (among other dishes) grilled fish. Results: first floor rooms may be heavily invaded by grilled fish odors. The kitchen does have a big exhausting system, and the rooms do come with air conditioning and ventilator but most of the times they are not enough. In addition to it the 1st floor rooms have no outside windows.
2 - As I mentioned the living room becomes a small and lively restaurant after 4pm. And the chats may go on until around 11pm. I think it's normal, people want to have a nice time, but if you need to sleep early after a day practicing surf or exploring the beautiful beaches, if you have booked a 1st floor room, you might have a hard time trying to sleep.
3 - The first floor rooms have no outside windows: well, there's nothing they can do here. That is just the structure of the house the created Barracuda from. This point alone would not prevent Barracuda from achieving the highest mark.
But, regarding points 1 and 2 (noise and odor), there is a beautiful glass door separating the rooms area from the restaurant area. And I wonder why it remains open all the way during the restaurant hours. I noticed, however, they close it at night and in the morning. Why would you install a huge and beautiful glass door between a kitchen and the rooms to leave it open? Go figure.
Final remarks: all in all Barracuda must be considered the first choice of stay in Itacaré. My suggestion is to book the second floor rooms to get the maximum of experience without some minor shortfalls. But if you can't I would still consider booking a chipper 1st floor room because the positives aspects far out weight the shortfalls.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Alessandro G
Juliana G, General Manager at Vila Barracuda Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Alessandro

What to write about such thorough feedback done with such dedication?

I was surprised to read your message because you defined the Barracuda Experience in a very real and detailed way.

The Staff, the Environment, the Gastronomy and the Care for Details are certainly our strong point, and especially during the holidays, when the city and the house are full, the biggest challenge is to manage the movement of guests and visitors in order to preserve the tranquility and conviviality among all.

The social area of ​​the hotel is very attractive, the playlist always good and the Menu of Drinks and Dishes are great, so this area is without doubt the heart of the house!

You can be sure that we will continue to dedicate ourselves to keep our strengths and try to improve more and more the way we manage the challenges.

I'm happy to hear that you were so pleased with your stay.

Welcome back :)

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Vila Barracuda indeed has the boutique feeling like it says on the its name. You definitely feel you're at an extension of your own home. It's cozy, clean and modern-beach like. Nothing super fancy (it doesn't go with the style), but comfy, beautiful and very welcome.
We stayed at the master suite with an ocean view. No regrets whatsoever - just perfect.

The location is also great. In the downtown area - minutes away from the Main Street with restaurants, cafes and shops.

The breakfast is delicious. It's all-you-can-eat buffet like, but boutique style. De, the cooker, makes eggs and tapioca to order, and you can even adventure yourself to suggest your own flavour. She and the other two ladies in the kitchen are friendly, polite and make you feel like home.

The ground staff, Clariane, Rogério and Lia are awesome. Super helpful and have the same vibe as the place. Clariane was so helpful in trying to find a good car deal from different car rental companies for us. She also helped us on making some ginger tea, as we arrived in Bahia with a cold.

We didn't have the chance to eat dinner at the hotel, as the chef was on holiday, but everyone, including locals, say it is well-worth it.

The city is safe, hence the hotel is also safe. Location is great. Staff is great. The food is amazing. Room is amazing. Wifi works perfectly. We definitely recommend it.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with amyzing stuff that make you feel home , the master suit was beautiful and the view is just like a picture
Juliana is the best , help us alot in anything we ask for , the location is fantastic minuts walk from the center the food at the hotel is so good we recommend to eat dinner at least twice there they have an amazing Chef there !
You can ask them for a boat tours and they will take care of your requests
Hope to visit there soon
And again thank you vila baracuda for the amazing vacation

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Juliana G, Gerente geral at Vila Barracuda Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Idan, Inara, Daniel & Mikael

It was a pleasure to meet and welcome you at Vila Barracuda!
Thank you very much for your feedback on TripAdvisor.
Hope you had a good trip back home, and that we have the opportunity to see each other in Itacaré again :)

Obrigada!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

It was spectacular. A great way to experience Brazil. The staff were wonderful and friendly. We were made to feel at home straight away. Very chilled atmosphere. Great location, and they offered day trips and activities. And the highlight was the food at the hotel. Chef Fernando has a fantastic menu on offer, with fresh fish everyday.

Room Tip: Best view is ocean side, second floor
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Felipe, how are you?

Thanks for such am amazing feedback, you know it was a pleasure to welcome you here!
Fernando will spend 1 month making an experience in one of the best restaurants of the moment in sao paulo, do not forget to come back to taste his news!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I loved my time at Villa Barracuda. I was travelling on my own and it was my first time to Itacare and Brazil. This boutique hotel lived up to its reputation as the best place to stay in Itacare. Managers Juliana and Daniel welcomed me in the manner of someone bringing you into their home. They are very hands on managers and have have done an excellent job training their staff. From Fernando, the amazing chef, through to the girls serving breakfast the warmth and underlying pride in the staff's work shines through. During my 5 night stay in an ocean view room I hardly had a meal on my own. The atmosphere encourages guests to dine together although there is no obligation to do so. I was lucky to have met some really interesting, fun people from Switzerland, Cape Town and mostly from Brazil. We all bonded and shared stories. This is what I loved most about my stay. Juliana and Daniel also arranged for me to have 4 days of surf coaching/touring with a husband and wife team, Rogerio and Sheena. They trade under the name Surfs Cool. They both used to work at a larger surf school and now tailor make lessons for individuals or small groups. I had an amazing time with them exploring beaches I would never have ventured to on my own and they were both very professional and friendly. Highly recommend them.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Juliana G, Gerente geral at Vila Barracuda Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Michael

Thank you very much for such a lovely and positive feedback!
It was a pleasure to meet you and welcome you at Vila Barracuda.
We all hope to see you again soon here :)

All the best!