“one of those places that you will go back to”

Asteri Mykonos Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ornos
Asteri Mykonos Apartments
Ranked #19 of 22 Hotels in Ornos
Reviewed 19 September 2016

I have just spent 10 days at this wonderful family run hotel, the host Mina, her father and kids made me most welcome and looked after me. I came across this place whilst staying a bit further inland and realised that I was unable to walk very far following major leg surgery. I asked whether they knew of a hotel within walking distance of the beach and restaurants at Ornos and thus was collected by "Mina" and transported to Asteri where I found a lovely room on the ground floor with a terrace. It was ensuite, air conditioned, had a refridulator and was spotlessly clean.
the location was ideal, 50 meters from a supermarket and only 400 meters from the beach and restaurants and a super bakery. I was treated like a family member yet left in peace to get on with my reading ( 12 books in 10 days) when it got too warm I took a swim in the onsite pool which was beautifully maintained or hobbled to the supermarket for an ice cream / fresh fruit. With the help of an ATV (quad bike) I managed to visit the island and found places off the beaten track to enjoy the best wine food and hospitality. many of the guests I talked to were returning on an annual basis including an American couple who were making their 10th annual visit to the hotel. I wlll be returning next year without doubt and look forward to meeting the family again who made such efforts to welcome me that I felt like a special guest and not just a regular "punter". I noticed this care was extended to all the guests.
I had the best quality sleep I have had for months which was fundamental to my recovery. I will be back ! The Greek coffee brought to me every morning on my reading terrace was a pleasure, served with a smile and was complimentary as it was made for the family.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 September 2014

I booked a room for my holidays in August when 5 days before travelling to Mykonos I was asked by Vagelis to cancel my reservation. I had planned my whole holidays around this room and the island was packed, so you can understand my panic not having somewhere to stay for the night or finding a room last minute and with the prices soaring.

The excuse was that the room took fire and it will take a long time to fix. He didn't cancel the reservation though personally but he asked me to do it so that he doesnt get stigmatized by the booking website!

I was sending messages to him without getting any reply and when my father called all the numbers available he was trying to avoid us.

I called the police and fire department to ask and they confirmed it was not a true statement. I started the process to sue him when he called in panic and explained that everything is all right and he would allow me to stay in the room.

From my personal experience being Greek and knowing how these people operate I understand that the prices took fire this year in the island and he thought he could possibly cancel my reservation last minute (which I paid very expensively) and rent the room for a much higher price to someone else.

Finally went to the island and stayed in the room. No fire anywhere! Didn't see Vangelis anywhere apart from his mother trying to justify their actions and talking to me like the circa 150euros we paid per night is nothing.

Room owners should learn that people work very hard to go on holidays a few days and relax, and not go stressed like it happened to me.

Hopefully it will be a good lesson to them and learn how to treat guests from now on.

My advice is; if something similar happens to you, don't be afraid to call the touristic police of the island.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dimitris G
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We took two days researching where to stay in Mykonos, and feel our choice was an excellent one.
Hostess Yanna could not have been more welcoming and accommodating. She met us at the cruise port, and delivered us to the airport quite early in the morning, when we left. By the time we left, she seemed like a good friend! Great location, great value, great swimming pool, A/C, wi-fi. Perfectly clean, nice balcony, near beach, bus stop, grocery store, bakery. Short, interesting bus ride into Mykonos town. When we go again, for longer, we will surely stay at the Asteri!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StewartSn
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The question should be what did't I like...My Husband & I loved the professional manner the owner Yana handled us from the moment we arrived at Mykonos Sea Ferry Port, with a private pickup. Her friendly manner uplifted us immediately. When we arrived at Asteri Apt's -wow wow wow beautiful, clean, private amazing, 1-2min walk to the famous Ornos Beach. The Price was fantastic for the season and the area. Asteri Apt as long as its owned by Yana will be our only destination in Mykonos from now on. Efharisto Para poli Yana

Room Tip: They are all sparkling new, we had the one with a little kitchen +++ just for that and balcony area...