All reviews ornos bay sun deck mykonos town the bus superior room hot choices no elevator flights of stairs lovely views over the bay playing music steep walk private patio clean and comfortable rooms the hotel staff good size our honeymoon stayed here for nights
Reviewed 17 September 2017

The hotel is situated at Ornos beach which is 4 km from Mykonos town. While this doesn't sound like much, there are very few taxis on the island so in practice getting about means either the bus (very regular - every 30 mins right the way through to 3am either way) or hiring a car. Ornos beach itself is a very pretty area with some nice hotels, restaurants and bars.

The hotel is nice and most (possibly all) rooms have a sea view. The hotel is located up a hill (5 minute walk from the beach) and by a road which may bother some but didn't bother us at all. Wifi is available. The room was a good size and furnishings are nice enough (but nothing special). We also had a private patio with a sea view. The bathroom was also large and nice enough. The room had a safe.

Breakfast was a buffet. Continental with fruit, meats and cheese as well as varying hot options each day (sausage, bacon, pancakes etc.). The restaurant is by the pool and has inside and outside areas.

The pool itself is pretty small. There is space for a few people to lie by it and their is a higher level terrace. To our surprise we didn't lie by the pool at all. We went in early August and it was very windy. Lower down at the beaches, there was less wind. The wind also caused shutters on our windows to rattle which could be annoying.

The hotel staff were exceptional; very friendly and could not have been more helpful. That is what made what is a fairly basic hotel stand out. The hotel is 4 stars but felt more like 3.5 to me.

Traffic on Mykonos is terrible. If you stay here, the hotel has a car park above it which cuts out some of the traffic bottlenecks as you don't have to drive via the beach. There is a separate smaller one at ground level but to get from one to the other is a 1km 10 minute drive.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We booked our vacation through Costco Travel and while they were great this part of the trip (namely hotel) was not great. The location we loved and the Hotel staff were very nice and helpful. The Hotel itself needs an update badly. Our room was on the top (5th) floor. To get there it was 98 steps up! Yes, 98 steps. We were fine, but we felt bad for the poor nice man taking our luggage up. If you stay there and have bad knees, etc do not stay on the 5th floor.

The room is outdated there were stains on the headboard, chair, and dust was all over.
They also had one of those old hairdryers in the wall which shocked me for 2017. They do have a real hairdryer at reception which I used-thank you for that. Maybe get them in all of the rooms.
They also make you turn in your key each time you leave. They said it was to let housekeeping in and out which is very odd. Would they no make an extra key for them? I just found this very odd to turn in your key each time you leave. I was sure to take the safe key off so we had it with us the entire time even if the room key was with reception.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Disappointed with junior suite.Although has plenty of room ,the decor is outdated,the room does not have a balcony and is very dark due to having 2 small windows in one corner .To make matters worse the room has 2 single beds together -not good for a couple .

Some positives -position and staff and very clean

So avoid rooms 112 and 113 and be prepared to pay premium prices for a 3 star hotel mainly due to its location

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank basilbunny
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Booked this hotel for four nights through Costco Travel for our honeymoon in August. This hotel was the most disappointing part of our eight day vacation. The pool and view are nice but the hotel room itself is very basic and run down. Upon entering, we were welcomed by some ants on the floor. You are also given a basket of travel sized shampoos, conditioners, and body washes at the beginning of your stay that they don't refill for you during your visit unless you ask. This would be fine except half of them are empty and the other half are less then half full. Asked for more body wash after the 2nd day and cleaning staff brought more shampoo instead.

Seeing how Mykonos is a non-stop party, we picked a hotel in Ornos hoping that it would be a little on the quieter side of things. This was not the case as the hotel dwellers above us came back one evening at 4am in the morning slamming on our windows and making a bunch of noise, thus making it very difficult to sleep. I'm sure it was much better than other hotels but don't expect complete peace and quiet.

Lastly, the cleaning staff took my wife's white dress, that she laid out for dinner that evening, off the bed and threw it on the dirty floor in the corner. I understand this could have been a simple mistake but when you notify the front desk of the situation, don't contact the cleaning people to get their side of the story and report back to me (no one is going to admit to that even if they did). Anyways, a simple apology and an offer to have it cleaned would have been an easier and better resolution. Overall, the whole hotel was a disappointment. If it wasn't for the staff that would go above and beyond to help make reservations for excursions and dinner, my wife and I would have packed our bags and booked a different hotel mid-stay.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

For $650 a day I expected a luxury suite with all hotel facilities. First, you should climb many stairs to reach the room. I was shocked when I first entered the suite #305. Very basic and doesn't look like a hotel room. We booked a suite for 4 but only a king size bed was there and they removed the cushions of the L shaped sofa and put pillows for the other two person! The room was stated to be beach front room but the view was not as expected. You should turn your head left to see part of the sea and it was obstructed by the overhead lines cables. The fridge was empty and yellowish. No fruit platter or anything you expect when booking a suite. No kettle no iron....Nothing was in room !!!! The internet is very very bad and you can't get connected most of the time.
We woke up several times each night because of the bugs. The breakfast is basic but the ladies who work at the restaurant are so nice and friendly.
The swimming pool is small but who needs swimming pool in Mykonos with all these nice beaches.
The beach was not included with the hotel price. You should pay extra for the sun beds.
The staff were so nice and helpful. I forgot my wallet in the restaurant and when returned I found it at the reception :) They offer a shuttle from the airport and they provided a car to take us to the port for free with a great driver. The bus station and boat taxi are less than 5 minutes walk. The bus takes you to town in about 20 minutes and sometimes less. The restaurants at the area are more expensive than the ones you find in down town. You should be careful when walking down the hotel street because it is a steep street and cars and motorbikes are everywhere.
I rate this hotel a 3 stars maximum and for the price I paid I won't come back again.

Date of stay: July 2017