All reviews ornos beach the bus mykonos town hotel restaurant apple juice pool bar minute walk fantastic hotel i highly recommend this hotel salt water main town great pool nothing is too much trouble ferry port pool view a wonderful stay greek salad
Reviewed 13 October 2017

My daughter and I stayed at the Yiannaki for three nights recently during the first week of October 2017. The hotel is a 5 minute walk from lovely Ornos Beach, and a 10-15 minute bus ride from Mykonos town. The room was spotlessly clean, with a nice balcony and lovely view of the pool and hillside beyond Ornos beach. Literally the only downside was the hard mattress, but we made do. The staff were friendly, efficient and excellent. The walk to the beach was a little funky, but fun - along a dirt track, passing luxury homes and hotels, but juxtaposed with a stonewalled field that was home to a herd of goats! Good breakfast (included in our stay) and a decent restaurant, too, with good pizza. Recommended, would stay here if I'm lucky enough to visit Mykonos once more.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle_D_Ryan
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We arrived to the Yiannaki Hotel by their free shuttle bus from the airport and were warmly greeted by the hotel staff. Our rooms and bathrooms were extremely spacious and were immaculate. We also had a small patio but didn't use it as we were on the 1st floor. A beach bag was left in the room by the hotel for us to take which was a nice gesture. Yiannaki has a great view over Mykonos and some of rooms overlook the huge pool which is surrounded by chaise lounge chairs. They have a pool bar and also a restaurant by the pool where we had dinner the first night. It was delicious. The included breakfast in the morning was also very good. We walked to the bus stop from the hotel to go to Mykonos Town - a little narrow road but only a 5-minute walk. The walk to Ornos Beach is easy and about 5 minutes. We also went to Delos by ferry which was well worth it. A lot of ancient history! As we were leaving early the last morning reception arranged coffee/tea and pastries for us before the shuttle took us to airport. We would definitely stay again if we ever return to Mykonos Island.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Betsy B
Reviewed 12 October 2017

This is a Little but all around well served and nice Hotel. 3 - 4 Km away from the main port (Little Venice), is a perfect hub if your intentions are to rent a bike, atv or car to go around all day long and just have a dip in the pool from time to time. Excellent service and good food too.
Liked very much.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We stayed there over a week ago. Close to the beach and other sites. Great customer service. Forgot items in a closet and the hotel quickly mailed it back to me. In the future we will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

I am not sure why there is so much hype surrounding Yiannaki Hotel. To me it was a very average hotel. Everything started out great when the complimentary hotel shuttle picked us up from the airport, but from then on I did not have the warm familiar feeling that others talk about. We are assigned a large room without a view for our three night stay. I asked about a room with a pool view and was eventually shown one on our second day. The rooms that overlook the pool are tiny, so you must pick either comfort or a view. However, the beds are not very comfortable and the sheet quality is sub-par. The bathroom in the no-view room was a decent size, but small if you chose to have the pool view. Local olive branded bathroom amenities were provided, but not bathrobes or slippers.

Be prepared to hear everything going on around you while inside your room. The acoustics at Yiannaki are awful and will make sleeping hard. Every time someone enters or leaves their room you will hear the door slam. If the person in the room above you so much as moves you will hear it. Bring earplugs if you intend to get any rest.

The breakfast buffet was nothing spectacular. In fact, I found most of the items in the buffet to be nauseating. The only reason I returned each morning was because the breakfast was included in the room rate, and actually my traveling companion did like the buffet.

The best part about the hotel in the pool, which is very nice and surrounded by sunbeds. We spent one lovely afternoon by the pool drinking wine, which was a highlight of my stay. At check-in you are given passes for towels, which you can use poolside or bring to the nearby beach. Ornos beach is about a ten minute walk and there you can rent sunbeds or enjoy a nice meal at one of the restaurants. The bus to Mykonos town picks you up at a stop about five minutes from the hotel.

Based on the other reviews here, I expected more for the price I paid at Yiannaki. I will not be able to recommend Yiannaki to friends and family traveling to Mykonos in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms with no view are larger. Rooms with a pool view will be much smaller.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends